How do you store the rings you find?

culcuhain

Now that I have found 2 rings, I would like to be able to store them in something besides my mason jar of finds. anyone have a DIY idea or cheap store bought idea? Thanks!

You found two so far, so let's get a little optimistic.
You can buy ring display boxes but the nice kind with an attached glass lift up lid can be pricey.
I have this one I won at a club hunt as a prize, cheaper to buy with just a lift off lid.
These are just a few of my rings from years ago but a lot of that gold is sold, now, I replaced the cheap ones on the bottom row with nicer ones as I found them and I have added a lot more to my collection since then that should fill up another case or two.
These aren't even most of my real junky rings, all of those go into a pickle jar.

photostudio_1592400143196.jpg

Pretty inexpensive on Ebay, this one is under $10...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Slot-J...a375afc4048749681b4acad860e8a&redirect=mobile

They are even cheaper if you get them from Ali Express.
Gotta wait a bit to get them from that Chinese company but it gives you more time to find more rings.

You can go to the dollar store or Goodwill and buy a cheap little box, throw a little foam and fabric in there and cut some slits like this one I made for the best display contest we had at my club for one month of finds.
I had found 3 gold, (the one with the natural pearl was 24k), and two honking silver rings in the last three weeks before this meeting so I wanted to make a good impression to win the contest.
Box was $2.99 from Goodwill, about $3 for the foam and fabric from a craft store...I had the razor blade to cut the slits.

photostudio_1592401937506.jpg
photostudio_1592402029252.jpg
photostudio_1592401983968.jpg

Or...you can just make one up yourself with no box.
JoAnne fabrics and crafts, Michaels or any other craft store should have what you need.
A cheap foam block, a small piece of dark fabric draped over it and glued down underneath, a razor blade to cut a few spots in the top and viola, a fine way to display these two and many future rings.

photostudio_1592399744214.jpg
A jar is okay but if you buy or build your own in such a nice way to display them like this you can admire them anytime you like with just a glance and all the extra empty holes will motivate you to get out there and find more.
It works...trust me.

Last edited:
I bought one on E-bay for about 12 bucks and it's a fairly sturdy box, hinged lid with plexiglass window, I think it holds over 30 rings, well worth the money.

Zip-loc bags. One for junkers, one for silver, one for gold. You can tell what I find the most of!

Attachments

• 20200617_200033_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200617_200033_copy_600x800.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 365
Back
Top Bottom