Snake head copper "mini cane".

Scubacat

Elite Member
Found when digging on the beach. It is solid copper. I'm pondering if it should go into my copper scrap pile or be shelved indefinitely as a strange trinket.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 508
Save it, it's interesting and you may later find something neat about it. Scrap copper value .25??

Save it, it's interesting and you may later find something neat about it. Scrap copper value .25??

Looks to short for a swagger stick. I definitely would keep it though. You may find out it is worth more than scrap value.

Cliff

Blunt the tip a little, carve out a wood handle and you have a nice little coin probe. Cool relic!

Thank you, guys. It looks too short for a swagger stick, I guess. I'll keep it for the time being then.

I definitely wouldn't scrap that, it's something cool, just gotta figure out what it is.

I don’t recall the name of it, but I do remember seeing pictures of an old Egyptian board game using something resembling a cribbage board and pegs with a similar type design...modern copy maybe?

I don’t recall the name of it, but I do remember seeing pictures of an old Egyptian board game using something resembling a cribbage board and pegs with a similar type design...modern copy maybe?

I looked it cribbage boards. Never, actually, came across those. Might be a possibility.

Now the thing to find is which set it came from. As detailed as it is I would think it would be an expensive one.

Cliff

Very interesting find...could you possibly post a few clear close up pics..cant see the details in the design. Thanks..the head reminds me of the figurehead of a Viking longboat ...Awesome, whatever it is

Back
Top Bottom