Gorgeous Tiny Silver Coin!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
I went to my hunting lease again early this morning. Checked the trail cam, swapped out card, refilled feeder and trimmed some more shooting lanes. Then me and a buddy put about 100 rounds through the hand canons before having lunch at the local awesome Mexican place.

I decided to hit the local park again before making the hour and a half ride home. It was steamy and the mosquitos were thick at this bottomland creekside park. I made it about an hour in the humidity and bug haven before I left an hour earlier than I planned.

I got a nice Great Seal coat button first at about 7-8 inches. I found a couple relics and then got a deep squeaker. Had trouble finding it, but eventually pinpointed at side of the plug at about 7". Saw a tiny silver rim and thought this has to be my first Half Dime. Field cleaning revealed a 1944D Filipinos 10 Centavos .750 silver coin. It is about 3/4 size of US Dime. Silver #52 FTY.

It cleaned up well and looks like it went from the mint into the ground.

Probably the best looking Silver I have ever found. This hobby continues to amaze me.

dc9039da61b0338078ddff5a3bf7e9ec.jpg

b5714fc7ec9f6c836fb0a509e7e75a75.jpg

54826e5e4c8274c6b9aae89d1272a53d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are beautiful!
I thought I read somewhere that those were minted in the USA for the Phillipines??

Those are beautiful!
I thought I read somewhere that those were minted in the USA for the Phillipines??

Yep, minted in Denver. Philippines was still a US Territory at that time.
Thanks mat.

How cool! That's a really neat find, congrats.

Thanks BBsGal.

Dude that thing is awesome! Congrats on the tiny silver coin!

That's exactly what I said to myself when I dug it, lol!

Awesome finds!

Thanks woodz.

Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks bv.

After finding that, I'd have broke-out the bug spray, cool rag and stayed :yes:

Congrats of some nice finds!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I thought about it, but it was brutal. I'll drop by every time I get down to the hunting lease. Given my last two trips I'm sure the place hasn't been hit hard by modern detectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice finds jwp! Cool Filipino coin. Looks identical to the twenty centavos version I found not long ago. Until this year I had never even seen those before.

What a totally Great Day! All the way around!

Yep, a day with my hunting lease, lots of pew pew and digging silver! Oh and I forgot the Cuban Cigars. A pretty great day.

Nice finds jwp! Cool Filipino coin. Looks identical to the twenty centavos version I found not long ago. Until this year I had never even seen those before.

Thanks Rattlehead! This coin is so tiny I thought for sure it was going to be a half dime.

Yep, a day with my hunting lease, lots of pew pew and digging silver! Oh and I forgot the Cuban Cigars. A pretty great day.

Cuban Cigars too? OK, now your just bragging!:laughing::laughing: I sure could use a day half as good as this was was for you Brother!

nice finds and sounds like a great day overall. Been hearing lots of big buck sitings in NY this summer so it sounds like the Antler restrictions are working. Can't wait for hunting but still need to get some fishing in

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nice finds and sounds like a great day overall. Been hearing lots of big buck sitings in NY this summer so it sounds like the Antler restrictions are working. Can't wait for hunting but still need to get some fishing in

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Good luck on the big buck this year.

Those are fun to find I found one earlier this year

Thanks gseuser.

Cuban Cigars too? OK, now your just bragging!:laughing::laughing: I sure could use a day half as good as this was was for you Brother!

You'll be happy to hear I'm paying for my awesome day yesterday...worst case of chiggers ever, driving me freaking nuts. Ying yesterday and Yang today...:no:

You'll be happy to hear I'm paying for my awesome day yesterday...worst case of chiggers ever, driving me freaking nuts. Ying yesterday and Yang today...:no:

Yes! I am very happy to hear this Jerry! Its a good hint to your successful detecting method!

Most of the time chiggers dig into a fellows ankles and dont bother climbing up to his freaking nuts! Belly crawling huh? OK!...duly noted!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom