• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello

Bess

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have lot of questions that I can't wait to be answered. My brother and I started to metal detect 2 years ago in our backyard in New Jersey. Right now I'm in Ukraine searching with a homemade "metal detector". My best find is a 1/4 Ore from 1624. Thank you for letting me join.

Welcome from North Central MA! Nice find that got you into the 1600's. There's at least a couple of people from over in that area on the board, maybe more than a couple. Ask away and if people have an answer for you, they'll chime in. You just might have to wait till people get up from their beauty sleep. :laughing: It's a little after lunch for you right now and not even breakfast time over here on the east coast of NA.

Welcome from W Tn and HH

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have lot of questions that I can't wait to be answered. My brother and I started to metal detect 2 years ago in our backyard in New Jersey. Right now I'm in Ukraine searching with a homemade "metal detector". My best find is a 1/4 Ore from 1624. Thank you for letting me join.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Anything that old is a great find, congrats !

Not sure if this looks like what you found, but here is a link and a picture of what I found doing a search -

http://www.swedishcoppers.com/CoinTypes.html

from the above link -
14ore.jpg

Thank you for the information about my coin and for such a nice introduction to the forum!

Last edited:
Here is our home made metal detector.

1501864892439474292428.jpg

We call it the "Rat". It is a powerful magnet attached to a metal piece. It has a "leash" made of fishing line. We use it by dragging it were ever we go. So far it has found around 10 coins, nails, a ball bearing, and more. We use it almost every day but we also eye-ball other finds that a magnet wouldn't pick up. We use the Rat because we are on vacation and forgot to bring a real metal detector.

Back
Top Bottom