Pre-Qualifing Permissions?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I have found an interesting sight. Small wooden house and out building. I've tracked the owner down to an LLC in the area but can't find a good phone number. Preface, in Georgia unless property is posted you can 'surface' hunt without permission. Odd, but it is there. I'm considering spending a few minutes running my coil over the property to get an idea of what is in there before I try to track down the LLC manager for permission. Thoughts?

BCD

Attachments

• Site.jpg
    Site.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Yeah..I'd give it a quick sweep to see if its worth your time to pursue...You are actually doing the guy a favor in that regard...way waste his time going through the introductory formalities?:laughing: Find the jars of silver out back, and get out of there!

Define surface... not like you are going to need mineral rights at that place. I consider anything less then 12" surface. :D

Surface finds?

Like a tractor, or lawn ornaments?

Just my opinion, but I don't like the idea myself..

Looking around might be legal, but folks have gotten lead poisoning for less...

<°)))>{

Another thing...

I'd rather be shot by a gangsta, than kept by a hillbilly, and that looks like a "keeper" type of house...

You see this cat on the porch, RUN!

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_140114.jpg
    IMG_20170718_140114.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 235
I always try to sample any spot (if innocuous as you paint), before going in for formal permission. I know this sounds bass-ackwards, but ... here's why:

In the past, I have often times gone to great lengths to track down an owner, then gone to great lengths to "name drop", list credentials, make a contract, discuss "splits", and so forth. However, it's entirely possible that ... once at the site, I can immediately deduce that it's going to be lame. Eg.: fill-dirt was added, or someone else has *obviously* hoover-vac'd it, or ... whatever. So ... of course .... I will not bother.

But then you look MIGHTY FOOLISH telling your up-line "never mind". Because by then you had painted a picture of historical potential, splits, etc..... only to show them 2 memorial cents ?

So whenever it's possible, I always try to reconn. an area first. THEN I'd "make a fuss" about it.

Another thing...

I'd rather be shot by a gangsta, than kept by a hillbilly, and that looks like a "keeper" type of house...

You see this cat on the porch, RUN!

<°)))>{

I don't disagree with this at all! The good news is that this house is long abandoned and by a main road so I have no fear of being shot or kept.

BCD

I ignore places like that. My bet is if they lived in that sharecropper shack there was not much treasure about to lose. I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck.

I ignore places like that. My bet is if they lived in that sharecropper shack there was not much treasure about to lose. I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck.

After passing it for the 10th time, I decided to look it up. It is on a pretty big plot of land so sharecropper is probably right.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom