• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big disappointment today but.....

Flyingeagle

So I finally stopped at a farmer from my church to detect his yard, I've been wanting to hit it for sometime and had visions of large cents and old coins :grin: well the only older coins I found was 2 wheaties. It was built around 1800. Tried both the 6x8 sef and the stock 11 on the etrac. Lots of that junk that gives you decent signals that you don't want to pass up. Good news is the farmer told me of a church he tour down 40 some years ago on his property that was built in 1740. It is now a field that is planted, so I'll have to wait til winter.:yes:

Bummer about the first church, but WOW what an opportunity with the one in the field! Congrats!

Stinks when a promising opportunity ends up as a disappointment, but sounds like a great consolation prize with the old church site in the field. You just never know - I've had a great hunt at one house, only to excitedly score permission at the house right next door and get nothing but trash and bottle caps! Hopefully your experience with this one is the opposite - you've the dud out of the way first, and now you'll hit the motherlode! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom