It only takes one Treasure Box!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Yep, 4 boxes were essentially barren, only one proof and a few NIFCs. But Box 3 made up for ALL those barren boxes! KT was busy :laughing: and :kingdances::kingdances: while hunting that box!

The end result was 5 64 Kens, 8 40% Kens, 8 NIFCs, 4 nice Proofs and 1 Revolutionary War painted Ken....a nice take in KT's Royal Ledger! :lol:

KT also got a pleasant surprise at the dump bank when an overage of $3.05 showed up on the ticket...3 $1 coins and a nickel shaken out by the dumping of the halves.

Enjoy the images. KT cleaned only 4 of the 8 40%ers, and the halves are imaged au natural.

Onward to next week! HA HA

Attachments

• CRH 05 10 2017 5 64 Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 10 2017 5 64 Kens.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 321
  • CRH 05 10 2017 8 40% Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 10 2017 8 40% Kens.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 317
  • CRH 05 10 2017 8 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 05 10 2017 8 NIFCs.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 320
  • CRH 05 10 2017 4 Proofs.jpg
    CRH 05 10 2017 4 Proofs.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 318
  • CRH 05 10 2017 1 Revolutionary War painted Ken.JPG
    CRH 05 10 2017 1 Revolutionary War painted Ken.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 320
KT I am just now seeing this wonderful spoil! I must ask a question to your highness, have you instructed the castle's masons to reinforce ye olde floor joists in the castle? Or, is the King's spoils kept on the floor of the dungeon?

I'm not saying it's wrong, or anything like that..

But I equate it to fishing in the aquarium at the zoo. Then posting about it in a fishing forum often..

But, please carry on, I really couldn't think of a better venue.. More important, you seem to enjoy it..

Good luck on the next one!

<°)))>{

I'm not saying it's wrong, or anything like that..

But I equate it to fishing in the aquarium at the zoo. Then posting about it in a fishing forum often..

But, please carry on, I really couldn't think of a better venue.. More important, you seem to enjoy it..

Good luck on the next one!

<°)))>{

Never fear...as KT's knees are such He only considers MDing when the conditions are perfect and the knees not hurting...but KT maintains His Royal Swinging wands and He will get a few hunts in this year. Meanwhile, His Royal Efforts at CRHing continue to accumulate silver. Try it yourself to find out how "easy" it is. This hunt represents the hunt of 5000 coins and for the year KT has examined 95,000 halves. Not a fish tank full of fish at the aquarium, but more like fishing in a lake that has a few fish! :laughing:

KT me thinks some be jelly .. i know i havent found nearly the amount you find in 1 box digging ..

Ha ha. Well, KT has never even considered that...CRHing is much like fishing, a lot of casting around to pick up a few goodies. KT enjoys reading the finds section because He loves seeing what everyone is finding. KT will never by CRHing recover a ring of precious metal, a bracelet, or an earring, but sometimes the reject bin of the dump machine contains a goodie. KT has recovered 3 gold rings from a coin machine! Close to the same value of gold jewelry that he recovered the first year He hunted parks and totlots. And CRHing does not require waiting for the weather to be good.

Thanks, Ron71 and Groundsweeper! Yep 3 of the 4 proofs on this hunt were dandies, but only one of them took a really good image. They sure look nice, like they were just peeled out of their original wrappers!

It is always the luck of the draw!

Ye Gads! 35 views and not one comment!?! Methinks ye MD Knights are getting a bit jaded!

Even His Majesty appreciates a positive comment!

A pox upon me for a clumsy lout! Perhaps your Royalness was unaware, us loyal minions were at the peak of Barley planting this week...Add to that the Full Moon phase, roosters crowing all night etc., and well, we were exhausted and at a loss for dishing out well deserved platitudes to just about anybody!

Even the cantankerous and obstreperous village Undertaker, Ice Scratcher, commented on this unusual lapse of courtesy amongst the general village folk populace down at the Tipsey Toad Tavern not a fort night ago...."Dammit all to Flinders!" he hollered, "I dont mind slabbing a stiff and getting paid for it, but at least a guy could say a 'Thank You' as I take their money!" He railed on apace, on the lack of the Winters frozen blocks of bounty he needs to keep stiffs fresh throughout the Summer....

"No ice at all!" he lamented, deep in his cup...."Not worth a tinkers cuss to get me through the Summer without stinking up the joint!" "How many of you Barley Farmers would like to work on a stiff in this heat?" We all chortled and snickered with glee at his situation of course! We have enough problems of our own, but it was a wonderfully great diversion for us to see him in such agony!

So, please consider this lack of recognition of your amazing silver finds this week as a 'one off' seasonal aberration...I'm sure poor old Ice will be feeling better once this Global Warming issue gets resolved...Imagine, trying to keep a stiff fresh for a few days with no ice in this heat?:laughing: Like damn! Does he have to start hanging them out on the fences like beef jerky?

I guess he should a been a Barley Farmer? Of course that Top Hat would have to go, along with the long coat and spats...just not appropriate attire for this venue...:laughing:

Last edited:
A pox upon me for a clumsy lout! Perhaps your Royalness was unaware, us loyal minions were at the peak of Barley planting this week...Add to that the Full Moon phase, roosters crowing all night etc., and well, we were exhausted and at a loss for dishing out well deserved platitudes to just about anybody!

Even the cantankerous and obstreperous village Undertaker, Ice Scratcher, commented on this unusual lapse of courtesy amongst the general village folk populace down at the Tipsey Toad Tavern not a fort night ago...."Dammit all to Flinders!" he hollered, "I dont mind slabbing a stiff and getting paid for it, but at least a guy could say a 'Thank You' as I take their money!" He railed on apace, on the lack of the Winters frozen blocks of bounty he needs to keep stiffs fresh throughout the Summer....

"No ice at all!" he lamented, deep in his cup...."Not worth a tinkers cuss to get me through the Summer without stinking up the joint!" "How many of you Barley Farmers would like to work on a stiff in this heat?" We all chortled and snickered with glee at his situation of course! We have enough problems of our own, but it was a wonderfully great diversion for us to see him in such agony!

So, please consider this lack of recognition of your amazing silver finds this week as a 'one off' seasonal aberration...I'm sure poor old Ice will be feeling better once this Global Warming issue gets resolved...Imagine, trying to keep a stiff fresh for a few days with no ice in this heat?:laughing: Like damn! Does he have to start hanging them out on the fences like beef jerky?

I guess he should a been a Barley Farmer? Of course that Top Hat would have to go, along with the long coat and spats...just not appropriate attire for this venue...:laughing:

KT's Royal Crown is off to all the Royal Realm's barley farmers! For without them doing their planting and harvesting, where would the masses get their porridge to continue their subsistance existance? Yeah, where would the fermented barley drink be found...so that all could drown their collective sorrows. And for certain, do not be hard on Ice, for everyone is entitled to a poorly day ...and night. For the young wenches also are entitled to an occasional night off! Since global climate change is a natural process, any fussing over the situation is just spitting into the wind, so to say. Just hold on and take satisfaction that you are here and can observe nature's wonders!

What's your method for cleaning the (not proof) 40%ers?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Urbandigger, first let KT tell you that His Majesty likes your name...subtle yet precise in its definition!

KT uses a chemical dip called Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner for Sterling Silver. Target sells, in their Jewelry Department, many of this brand's product...all in maroon 8 fl. Oz. jars, so be careful to get the one KT mentioned. The dip comes with a small plastic tray within the container. KT cleans two or three halves at a time, aggitating the tray within the cleaner for 15 seconds, then rinsing with tepid water while rubbing the coin with His Fingers. Wash your hands carefully first to remove all traces of any possible skin oils and grit, so as to not scratch the coin surface. Then dry with a clean cotton absorbent towel. This method works very well on coins with tarnish, but not well on greasy coins or those with ground in dirt that will not loosen with water. Those coins are already not worth but silver value, so KT gets aggressive with them with a dremel moto tool and a rotary steel wire brush. A tip: if you use this aggressive method, be certain to wear eye protection and do this outside, for when those wires come loose, they can put an eye out, and if you are inside you will find them...a very unpleasant experience, when walking barefoot or in your stocking feet! Or even sticking in your shirt!:shock:

Mud,

Sounds like something my own brother would say..

Thanks..

Good luck fellas!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom