• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Small coil silvers...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Had no time to hunt over the weekend, but I was able to get out early this morning and spend a couple hours at one of the nearby trashy parks. I started out with the stock 10-1/2" coil on the Ex XS, but there was no sorting thru the mess with the big coil...it was hard to even get a threshold with all the constant noise and frequent nulling. Think I found 37 cents in the first hour:lol: Then I swapped the 6" EQ II coil on to the Explorer and tried again for another hour, going over the same ground...I did better this time:D Everything...scrap, some of which came up with coins, a buckle, watch bezel...$2.72 in clad, 5 wheats and the 2 silvers silvers #135 and #136... It's been a slow month so far, not many hunts and not many silvers...but that can change quickly:yes: That's all for this outing, thanks for the looks, see you after the next...and Happy Hunting!

Just goes to show that the mantra of depth-depth-depth isn't always the key to every area.

Those Sharpshooter type coils really help in the heavy trash. Congrats.

Captain

The 8x6 sef coil beats the EQ2 coil to death , after i sold that coil , and got the Sef 8x6, never looked back, congrats on the silver, Earl

Back
Top Bottom