Hello Pennsylvania!!

Where are you at in Pennsylvania what bridge are you near

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwestern Pennsylvania here. About 20 minutes south of Erie. Looking for a detecting buddy as well! I have permissions at a few spots here in Cambridge Springs if someone wants to tag along some day!:grin:

Northwestern Pennsylvania here. About 20 minutes south of Erie. Looking for a detecting buddy as well! I have permissions at a few spots here in Cambridge Springs if someone wants to tag along some day!:grin:

I'm from SW PA here, been to Erie a couple of times and the only thing I found was a cannonball fragment from a 32 pounder which I found at beach 10 Presque isle a long time ago. If you're into fossils try looking in Winter Green gorge I found a bunch of shell fossils on the creek bed there

Honey Brook, PA

Looking for an adventure buddy! Anyone in Pennsylvania?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I used to metal detect quite a bit back in the 70s and 80s but then I let it go. My first detector was a Fisher with 6" and 12" coils but I don't remember the model number. I sold that after I bought a Garrett Master Hunter ADS Groundhog with 6" and 12" coils. I still have that and it still works just fine. Well I have just retired and want to get back into it again.To that end I just bought a Garrett AT Pro and pinpointer. Just received them so haven't used them yet.Some of my favorite finds from back then are:
a "2-pounder" cannonball that I found at the site of a small Revolutionary War skirmish in Devon or Berwyn, PA back then.
a U.S. Army Dragoon button that my (pre-Internet) research showed was government issue during the War of 1812. I found this on the grounds of a farmhouse in Media, PA that was built in the early 1700s.
a Pewter plate commemorating the 1876 Centennial World's Fair in Philadelphia. I found this in some ruins along Rt. 252 in Chester county, PA.
a brass "Harness hook" that I found in the Pine Barrens of south Jersey at the site of a hotel that burned down over a hundred years ago. I had no idea what it was but I asked a friend of my mother, who was 97 at the time (1980) and he knew right away and told me.
Anyway, if you are in the area of Chester county or Lancaster county and want to get together please email me. I live in Honey Brook, PA.
Thanks.
Jim

Morning Jim. Your right up the road from me. I'm between West Chester and Downingtown off 322. Congrats on the retirement. I generally hunt with my brother Steve. Most of the time our problem with hooking up with someone is the size of the site and will it support 3 guys. If we come up with a decent site that will, we'd enjoy having you along. We're mostly into relics and older stuff. Particularly rev war sites. We had a great site but recently lost it (donated to the Brandywine Conservancy). When we had that site we invited several guys from the forum. It was fun. I don't like using the forum PM system, I always forget to log in and check for mssgs. Use my Email if you would please. [email protected]

Where are you at in Pennsylvania what bridge are you near

I'm not too far from the wall within bridge or the Ben Franklin Bridge I don't mind traveling I'm just looking for a buddy so I can go out and dig some dirt lol

I'm from SW PA here, been to Erie a couple of times and the only thing I found was a cannonball fragment from a 32 pounder which I found at beach 10 Presque isle a long time ago. If you're into fossils try looking in Winter Green gorge I found a bunch of shell fossils on the creek bed there

I'm from Jersey I'm looking for Metal Detecter buddy if you're interested PM me my name is Marcus I live in Jersey I don't mind traveling happy hunting or text me from myself phone 856 520 2975

Hello, I'm working in pa for a month or so. Was going to see if anyone would be interested in weekend hunt. Im staying in Lancaster but I'm from Arkansas so don't kno a lot about area or anyone from area so far. Thanks

I am in Milford PA....Posted on here last year, but could not find anyone to team up with for some digging!

Figured I would try it again!

So....Milford PA area here.

Thanks!

Hey Rocstx,

I work in Milford but live NY. Do you do any hunts after work in the area?

Ray

Back
Top Bottom