Accessory Advice? Need a Sniper Coil

erudolf

Hi Everyone . . . I'm looking for a sniper coil for my White's V3i. I'm relatively new to the "accessory buying" part of the hobby, been using my unit pretty much out of the box since I got it--no sniper coil, no headphones, very little customization on programs thus far.

I've been reading heavily thru the forums over the last few days, and I think a sniper coil might be a good investment for me. The areas that tend to be near me are high trash, and often laced with things like chain link fences and large metal lighting posts--which I can't get close to with my stock coil. If someone could make a recommendation on a sniper coil, and also recommend a reputable website to make the purchase from, I would appreciate it. I'm seeing a lot of posts lately about counterfeit gear, and I don't want to get burned. Also, feel free to tell me about your experience with sniper coils in general, both the good and the bad. Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone . . . and also recommend a reputable website to make the purchase from, I would appreciate it. I'm seeing a lot of posts lately about counterfeit gear, and I don't want to get burned. Also, feel free to tell me about your experience with sniper coils in general, both the good and the bad. Thanks in advance!

Top right corner of the webpage has a link to the "List all sponsors". These are dealers that are vetted by the forum and you should have no problems with counterfeit equipment. :D

Attachments

• sponsor.jpg
    sponsor.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 157
Top right corner of the webpage has a link to the "List all sponsors". These are dealers that are vetted by the forum and you should have no problems with counterfeit equipment. :D

X2. Give Phil a call at Myers. He's a big Whites guy and really good to work with. Hell' answer any questions you have.

I'm a big fan of sniper coils, I have one for my old F2 and also one for my CTX 3030. I think you'll really enjoy using one. I love the things for hunting parks and other trashy sites.

Thanks for the guidance so far! Does anyone have a recommendation on the coil itself? I've been doing my homework, but still need a little advice. Is it mandatory and/or best to purchase a sniper coil that is the same brand as your detector (in my case White's) or can you purchase the best available sniper coil regardless of brand and make it work? Like I said, accessorizing my unit is new to me, and I'm sure there are others in the audience who know more. Thanks again!

Thanks for the guidance so far! Does anyone have a recommendation on the coil itself? I've been doing my homework, but still need a little advice. Is it mandatory and/or best to purchase a sniper coil that is the same brand as your detector (in my case White's) or can you purchase the best available sniper coil regardless of brand and make it work? Like I said, accessorizing my unit is new to me, and I'm sure there are others in the audience who know more. Thanks again!

I have bought additional coils for many of my machines. There is no basis for only using the manufacturers brand coil. The aftermarket accessory companies make great products and in some cases are the only way to get the coil size desired.

I don't use sniper coils, but can say that often times when I compare similar larger size coils, the results are marginal at best. Meaning, if I compare an 8" Brand-A coil to an 8" Brand-B coil, they tend to perform with nearly the same depth and sensitivity.

I've dealt with several of the forum sponsors and encourage you to call and discuss your situation. The nice thing about the sponsors is they are truly into the hobby; they enjoy chatting and sharing their knowledge; and they aren't pushy. They'll give you a no strings attached recommendation and often just say to call back when you are ready.

-David

Yeah!..Call a Forum Sponsor! While you are at it, get yourself a good set of headphones too...this is an Audio Primary Sport...plus, you live in MN, so you will appreciate phones keeping your ears warm in the coming months of the best hunting season for you anyway...

The whites "shooter DD" 3.5 x 7" elliptical coil is a very good coil for use in trashy areas.

The larger 5 x 10" elliptical is the coil that I use most often on my V3i. Both pinpoint very well using VCO.
THe 5 x 10 is a good all around coil and separates much better that the round coils due to the elliptical DD configuration.
It would be my first choice, although it does not separate as well as the smaller coil, it does give more depth. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom