ENDED Guess the winner and the total points, win a Walker half!

Congrats Ohiodigger.

The commentators crack me up,,,,talking about the big comeback is Super Bowl.

Just think,,,,if not for the newer 2 point extra point allowed in NFL,,,,wouldn't have never happened.

Congrats Ohiodigger.

Just think,,,,if not for the newer 2 point extra point allowed in NFL,,,,wouldn't have never happened.

I'm a little confused. The 2 point conversion has been in force since 1994, the point after was moved out to the 15 yard line a few years ago. They didn't change anything about the 2 point. It was only completed 46.6% in regular play. A 22 year old rule change doesn't seem "newer" to me. Course, I might be biased being from New England. :laughing:

Congrats Ohiodigger.

It probably would have been the same, Gostkowski, wouldn't have missed the closer PAT. earlier.

Congrats OhioDigger !

I'm a little confused. The 2 point conversion has been in force since 1994, the point after was moved out to the 15 yard line a few years ago. They didn't change anything about the 2 point. It was only completed 46.6% in regular play. A 22 year old rule change doesn't seem "newer" to me. Course, I might be biased being from New England. :laughing:

But,,when the commentators are talking,,,,the refer to Super Bowl history.
Hence some rules have changed like the possible 2 point conversion.

Also,,,with kick off spot changed,,,,wouldn't it be fair to say,,,less touch back kicks kicked vs games of yesteryear.

Stats can be misleading,,,is what I'm saying,,,,since some rules have changed over the years.

Even imagine,,,no replay back in the day,,,,did any one team ever advance back then due to replay (call overturned) not happening,,,and that team may have went on to win the Super Bowl???

Can you imagine in the future when one commentator turns to another and asks, "How did what happened here compare to when you and the Falcons had that terrible loss to the Patriots in SB51?" That should be an on screen brawl. :yes: The rules have changed the way the game is played, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. It's definitely a different game then what was played back in the beginning. Kickers can still reach the end zone with no problems so touch backs still happen. Maybe not as often because they're getting better at putting the ball where they want it on the field forcing fair catches. Still can't understand why the Falcons put it into the end zone at the beginning of the 5th quarter. Would it have changed the out come it they had forced a fair catch further back? Probably not and we'll never know. I imagine that progressing to the SB because of a botched call happened back in the days before instant replay. Refs do the best they can, which is all we can ask of them. Not a job I'd want.

Personally,
I don't like the way the NFL chooses the team for super bowl.

I had commented back in the day about how the ncaa football was being managed for bowls,,and national championships.

It was rigged with the different polls a voting.

I got tied of Norte dame,,Penn state,,and Nebraska always being ranked at or near the top.

Since the new system,,,,definitely better,,,,and I think the new system definitely has more odds of getting the 2 best teams to play for all marbles.

And notice,,,since this new system,,,where has Nfre Dame,,Penn state, and Nevraska been???

Now back to the NFL,,,,the super bowl should really be the 2 best teams competing in the end,,,Current setup don't allow.

NFL needs a formula similar to NCAA to rack and stack teams,,,,for the playoffs.

Very possible the top 2 best teams could come out of same conference.

And this new system would allow.

Thanks for the contest!!!

I don't think the Falcan'ts will ever get over the epic collapse that happened last night. I mean that's the kind of loss that will be talked about in 100 years! It was almost comical to watch it unfold! Bill Buckner feels better today! Greg Norman choking at Augusta feels better today! For the rest of sports history I don't think that epic choke job will ever be topped!!

I feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the contest!!!

I don't think the Falcan'ts will ever get over the epic collapse that happened last night. I mean that's the kind of loss that will be talked about in 100 years! It was almost comical to watch it unfold! Bill Buckner feels better today! Greg Norman choking at Augusta feels better today! For the rest of sports history I don't think that epic choke job will ever be topped!!

I feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that one must have hurt!
I was rooting against the Pats with all my friends and family:yes:

Yeah, that one must have hurt!
I was rooting against the Pats with all my friends and family:yes:

I think Tom Brady used his missing Jersey with some of that knock out stuff and took out the Falcons. I heard birds got sensitive noses:lol:

Back
Top Bottom