New members find class ring and return...

Dadnsondiggers

Hello. My son and I are new members to this site and have only been detecting since may.

Today we found our first gold ring and had to share the story.

We were out with our ace 350 and got skunked at our first park so went back to our usual where we have found a Indian Head 1906 and a 1919 mercury. Finding only stinkin lincolns and about give in for the day we hit a weak nickel signal that keeps jumping to pull tab. After reading lots of threads about digging gold I know I gotta dig these so we knelt down put the pro pointer to the ground and it's goes off fairly solid. The boy and I say "pull tab" in unison but it easy to give a quick pry and out pops a 1995 10k women's class ring from a local high school. Sweet! So much fun!
Short story shorter my boy wants to return it today. My wife went to this school about that time and knew of the lady. A quick Facebook search, a message, and we were on our way to return it. She lived only 15 min. away! The look on my 7 year Olds face when he gave her the ring and saw he excitement was priceless!

Anyway thanks for lookin and happy to join. HH!

Attachments

• IMG_20130721_192959.jpg
    IMG_20130721_192959.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 244
Very nice, respect for both of you. Welcome to the site! I look forward to seeing more of your finds and reading your stories!

Congrats. on the return! Always love too hear about the 350, finding some great stuff!:yes: WELCOME to the hobby.

Congrats to you and your son on a great discovery and a quick return. I bet word gets around and some new hunting territory will open up to you.

Thanks for all your comments. The quick return was due to the fact she had her complete name engraved inside the band. Made it much easier.

Thanks for all your comments. The quick return was due to the fact she had her complete name engraved inside the band. Made it much easier.

Absolutely , The '64 one I have only has initials and the '40 has no name or initials. Still gotta look into a '64 SHS yearbook for names.

Back
Top Bottom