todays bling...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
infant bling... but strange coin spill in a graded soccer field is... puzzling
nickels and dimes in the late 50's and late 60's plus the first Kennedy half? Something does not feel right about this dig

video

cannot locate the mint mark

100_1473-2.jpg

but MY proof mark is clearly visible

100_1475-1.jpg

7of9-8.jpg

infant bling... but strange coin spill in a graded soccer field is... puzzling
nickels and dimes in the late 50's and late 60's plus the first Kennedy half? Something does not feel right about this dig

video

cannot locate the mint mark

100_1473-2.jpg

but MY proof mark is clearly visible

Me thinks its a conspiracy going there. I think they planted the odd coins and ring to throw you off of the gold doubloons and body parts buried 100 yards away.

:lol::lol::lol:

How could that dig feel wrong?

Several reasons this find was... peculiar. This is a high traffic single soccer field in a newer development. I hunt it for shallow jewlery and have extracted several nice pieces from the near surface plus plenty of clad and SBA's. It does not appear to be local soil (trucked in and graded) fresh rich and black loam. The kind that keeps a fast grass return after heavy game traffic. This old coin spill was not suppose to be in that graded game field at only five inches in this perfect soil above the rock and clay.

If it was just the Kennedy alone it would be easier to accept. My favorite little field of dreams has me confused and apparently is on original ground. There might be silver coins deeper where I have not set my machine to go.

I don't feel comfortable digging big holes inside a game field area but perhaps outside the grid I will max the V3i's sensitivity and switch to a deep silver program and dig some craters.

We shall see if there is more silver, because who but us theasure hunters carry a hand full of old coins into a new soccer field and the odds of these older coins in such tight grouping falling off the back of a dump truck are...

7of9b-1.jpg

I wonder if it was dropped by a teenager who raided his parent's coin collection? My brother in law depleted a nice coin collection for beer and cigarette money.

He is too stupid to have gotten anything but the face value of the coins too.

Back
Top Bottom