Tesoro Mojave Injun Tracks Down Silver Coin Spill And Finds Gold Coin

beephead

Elite Member
Today didn't turn out as I thought it would. I decided to try a new area of town, but on my way there I realized that I forgot my gun, so I headed towards the 'no trespassing' site to detect the permission yard next door instead. That area of town is a little safer than where I was planning on going.

I grid searched the front yard first, but I didn't expect to find much because I hit it pretty hard with one of my Tesoro detectors a year or so ago. I did however find a few clad coins, a nickel and a couple of wheat pennies.

Satisfied that there was nothing left to find in the front yard I proceeded to grid search the back yard which I've never had a search coil over. The old clothesline drew me to it like a magnet. I didn't find anything there, but I did piss Mr. Dog off. At least this time I had 2 fences between me and the dog.

After grid searching most of the yard I was beginning to think that there wasn't any silver back there to find, because the wheat pennies at that time were few and far between. Determined I kept up the search.

Finally I got my search coil over a silver coin and popped a Rosie. Some how I forgot to take a hole shot of the first silver coin. I covered up the hole and sweep it again with the search coil and this time I recovered 2 Rosie Dimes. I covered the hole once again and sweep the hole again and got another good audio tone. I popped a deeper Mercury dime. That's 4 silver coins and a nickel from one hole, my most ever.

About 3 feet away I get another good audio tone and recovery another Rosie dime. Needless to say I went over that little hot area with a fine tooth comb. I found several more wheat pennies before leaving that particular area.

I dug a few deep nickels that got me to thinking that I'm due a gold ring. All I need is one little ole good ring to have my little Mojave pay for itself. I thought about it for good while, before getting another sweet audio and recovered a holed Mercury dime. I still had that gold ring on my mind.

Not satisfied that I did a thorough enough job covering the area around the old clothesline, I headed back over there to check it some more. Nothing, but I did get a picture of Mr. Bada$$ Dog.

Satisfied with the 6 silver coins, I was going to end my hunt by going down the chain link fence line that divided the two permission sites. About halfway down, I get what I thought at first was another nickel audio tone, but it seemed a little bigger and smoother.

Could this be the gold ring that I've been thinking about and wishing I could find for most of the hunt. I carefully dug a wide plug and flipped it over and saw a deep yellow gold color in the plug. My heart got to racing! I carefully picked it up and felt its weight. I thought to myself being that heavy it has to be pure gold.

Not wanting to scratch it, I didn't rub on it and put into my coin water bottle. There was noway that I was going to be able to do anymore detecting so I headed for my SUV and drove home with big ole smile on my face.

I really love this little Mojave detector. Not only does it find the good stuff, it is so much fun to use. Detecting is suppose to be fun....... right? Enjoy the pictures, they tell a better story than I can. Oh yeah, I found 12 wheat pennies.

EDIT: Read the follow up story on post #36

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 002.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 002.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,683
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 004.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,522
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 005.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 005.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,607
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 007.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 007.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 008.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 008.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 009.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 009.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,483
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 011.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 011.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 013.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 013.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,564
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 014.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 014.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,545
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 017.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 017.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 019.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 019.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,583
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 022.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 022.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 025.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 025.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 029.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 029.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,522
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 035.jpg
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 035.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,437
Last edited:
Holy !!!! Amazing hunt and congrats on the gold coin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now yet another awesome post love your post Beep! An yes I'm jealous...hmm might have to look into this detector! It also could be I don't fully know my own... Reading your post put me into buy mode lol! Congrats on your finds as always! Happy Hunting!!! So had a question for ya Beephead which coil do you use with your Tesoro Mojave? Settings etc? Figure it's only 275 I can buy a back up machien.

MetalHead

Love your finds Beep, but I laughed out loud at your photo of that dog you mixed in :laughing:. Looks like one of those muscular b*astards that runs along the fence growling incessantly and jumping eye-level on occasion, just waiting to take a chunk out of your calf given a fence-jumping opportunity. :mad:

AWESOME !:kingdances:
Nice read, of your hunt.
That coin is BEAUTIFUL ! :shock:
Welcome to the Gold Coin Club!
It pays to go after those mid-tones!

Woohoo you lucky dog!
Thanks! I get lucky sometimes.

Five dollar gold coin! Woohoo! That one is still on my list and eventually, I'll get one!
Thanks Taylor! It wasn't on my bucket list, but I'll take it.

I think you just paid for that machine,and then some..congrats on all but especially that gold coin..You sure are finding a lot!
Thanks! It more than paid for 2 of them. Plus the fun that I'm having with the Mojave is priceless.

Great job on the Gold coin and the Silvers! This will be a day to remember!
Thanks! I sure won't forget it. Now how am I going to cope when I find nothing? LOL

Damn Beep!!!!!

Congrats on the gold coin! Wow!!!!
Thanks! That was my very thought when I first unearth it.

Holy !!!! Amazing hunt and congrats on the gold coin!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm on a roll with the Mojave.

That is amazing! Congratz beephead:clap:
Thanks! It was a total surprise to me, because I was expecting a gold ring.

Well now yet another awesome post love your post Beep! An yes I'm jealous...hmm might have to look into this detector! It also could be I don't fully know my own... Reading your post put me into buy mode lol! Congrats on your finds as always! Happy Hunting!!! So had a question for ya Beephead which coil do you use with your Tesoro Mojave? Settings etc? Figure it's only 275 I can buy a back up machien.

MetalHead
Thanks! You won't regret getting the Mojave. I was using the 7 inch stock search coil, I had it switch to 'low' ground condition, full sensitivity, and the discrimination was set just high enough to reject a nail. On my particular Mojave, it's between 'iron' and 'foil'. Everyone needs to check their detector with a nail to find that exact location.

Outstanding hunt Beeps.:cool:
Thanks! I'm glad that I hung in there and didn't quit too soon.

Totally awesome job scoring a gold coin!
That is something on everyone's bucket list:yes:
Thanks! It's not on my bucket list. LOL It's all down hill for me from now on. Maybe not! Something is bound to top it.

Speechless !!!
Thanks! I bet the look on my face was priceless when I saw it.

Love your finds Beep, but I laughed out loud at your photo of that dog you mixed in :laughing:. Looks like one of those muscular b*astards that runs along the fence growling incessantly and jumping eye-level on occasion, just waiting to take a chunk out of your calf given a fence-jumping opportunity. :mad:
Thanks! That dog will bite!

WOW...the finds keep getting better and better... You're right, the gold coin photo says it all.... Great job!
Thanks! I may take the day off tomorrow. All this fun is wearing me out.

AWESOME !:kingdances:
Nice read, of your hunt.
That coin is BEAUTIFUL ! :shock:
Welcome to the Gold Coin Club!
It pays to go after those mid-tones!
Thanks! The single audio tone is what makes the Mojave to great at finding gold jewelry. Plus it's super hot on gold rings and nickels. It screams 'dig' when you get your search coil over one.

simply amazing!!! that machine and you are on a roll!!! Nice job buddy
Thanks! I can picture you with a Mojave. It really is a fun detector to use!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom