Workman's Gold

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Someone I know recently bought a home in a residential neighborhood of a town that is almost a 3 hr drive from here. While visiting for the first time, I was given the green light to detect the yard. The house was built in 1947, so I was hoping for silver. I gave the front, back, and side yards a once-over, being kind of selective, due to time constraints. No silver was found, but even better, I dug gold! The highlight of the hunt was this man's gold ring with black onyx and a small center diamond(probably). It has company initials and "40 years" engraved on it, and a maker's mark with 10K inside. Also has more initials engraved. Those initials don't match any previous home owners, and the company initials are likely a company that changed names a couple decades ago. So, we think the 40 year ring was given a couple decades ago or more, but not certain if we are right about the company initials. Will do some further research. A long lost return would be great, but thinking I'll get to keep it. :D
Also dug 3 clad quarters, 1 clad dime, 21 Memorial cents, 3 wheat cents, half a tootsie toy car, half an antique spoon or fork, a couple lead bullets, a .22 shell, and a few other junk targets; some older, some newer. The only pics I took with my phone were the fresh from the dirt shots of the ring:
P.S. Using Equinox 800, this gave a very solid, repeating 18 at about 4 inches. Sounded more solid than a zinc penny 18, but "softer" than an aluminum can tab 18.

Attachments

• 20190714_082440.jpg
    20190714_082440.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 655
  • 20190714_082447.jpg
    20190714_082447.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 593
Congratulations on the 10k gold and black onix ring with small diamond. Slight variation of the 10k one I wear daily, pawn shop purchase, not detected.
f423c734f2bddbfc7267b0c378f72c79.jpg

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Awesome. I like that you mentioned the Soild and Softer tones within the same ID number. I'm learning to decern those subtle clues.

Congrats on the very nice gold ring. HD
Thanks. It was a great surprise!
Nice one!
Thank you. :D
That is a very cool ring. Great find.
Thank you. Great indeed!
Holy smokes! That's one honking chunk of gold, I bet she'll look great all cleaned up!
Big Congrats on that one!
Thanks. It is a nice big ring. Not quite as "honking" as it looks, but nice. It does look good with just a quick wash. I'll have to deep clean and polish it too.
Congratulations on the 10k gold and black onix ring with small diamond. Slight variation of the 10k one I wear daily, pawn shop purchase, not detected.
f423c734f2bddbfc7267b0c378f72c79.jpg

Hey, it does look similar! Any idea of the maker? I'll see if I can post a shot of the hallmark later. Thanks.
Awesome ring man congrats!
Thank you. Awesome is right!
Nice cool old gold ring! Congrats!
Digging Midwest dirt gold is a rare and special occasion, so yeah, Thank you!

I checked mine and it has no hallmark, just says 10k.

A very nice find and I find gold to be very difficult in the trash strewn areas that I hunt. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom