Surface find that's hundreds of years old and it's a beauty!

Very nice arrowhead. Love that old padlock as well. It's strange that I live in an area that once had a large Indian population but I've never found a single Indian artifact - and I'm always looking too.......

That's a beauty!!! Used to walk the field myself for hours on end back in the day, looking for those..... ;)

Great finds! I found a similar lock last year, but yours looks like it could work.

This lock was found in a area that had sand on a small hill well-drained. The funny thing is I was able to get all the sand out of the lock and the mechanism does move up and down. I have no key so I will not see if it locks.

I was walking through a field today trying to find an old home site. Came across this nice looking arrowhead. Kind of exciting knowing that I am the first person to touch this arrowhead since it had been lost.I am not sure the age of this but if you know please tell me. I finally found the home site did not find any coins yet. I did manage to find some marbles and this really cool padlock.

This is a strange year being the end of June and still able to field hunt.
Here's one on ebay with a key. Weird key.

https://www.ebay.com/i/233191688745...5LpP4ua5LW6XgdNusy880OlQ3Ey3YI7oaAgC6EALw_wcB

Cliff
b96e3817a2300686e76d5af3dbf2f027.jpg

Very nice arrowhead. Love that old padlock as well. It's strange that I live in an area that once had a large Indian population but I've never found a single Indian artifact - and I'm always looking too.......

That's a beauty!!! Used to walk the field myself for hours on end back in the day, looking for those..... ;)

I myself have tried walking back and forth across fields with no luck. The ones I have found have been accidental while I was metal detecting. HH&GL

Beautiful point!! I split my hunting time between detecting and arrowhead hunting here in GA. I can't give to much info on the point but I agree it does look repurposed. I really only know a little but about what I find in my area. Check this book out though. It breaks down regions of the US and is really good at showing you what is in your area and what ages they may be.

The Official Overstreet Identification and Price Guide to Indian Arrowheads

Thanks for the link. That is a weird key I may be hard-pressed to find one. But then again if it was a complete set and the wife saw how much it may be worth she would probably want to sell it and go to Red Lobster.:laughing:
You might be able to get one made by a locksmith. I have a friend that is one. I'll ask him if it is possible.

Cliff

Man that’s a killer point and lock!!!!

Can’t help but think if I found anything like that in this state they’d try and lock me up!

That lock is sweet! Nice save.

I'm glad you enjoyed the lock. I do have an album with other locks I have found. If you are interested here is the link.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?u=45029

Man that’s a killer point and lock!!!!

Can’t help but think if I found anything like that in this state they’d try and lock me up!

Thanks I'm glad you enjoy the lock and the point. I'm fortunate to live in a state where you are allowed to keep artifacts found on private property.

I was walking through a field today trying to find an old home site. Came across this nice looking arrowhead. Kind of exciting knowing that I am the first person to touch this arrowhead since it had been lost.I am not sure the age of this but if you know please tell me. I finally found the home site did not find any coins yet. I did manage to find some marbles and this really cool padlock.
This is a strange year being the end of June and still able to field hunt.

Nice surface finds! Tough to find complete arrowheads, especially ones as nice as that. Would love to go detecting with you sometime since I know you're in Ohio too. Maybe some day. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom