• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Walking Liberty!

Keith

Hey, my name is Keith and I am new here. Yesterday, I happened to get out for an hour to a local "dike". Thank god I did because I found my first half dollar. It was 2.5 inches deep and registered a perfect crisp sound. After I dug the hole, I saw the coin on the ground. It was a 1942 Walking Liberty half dollar! Take it easy! HH, from Keith!

Way to go, Keith! Anytime you find a silver half, you are definitely in the major leagues; clad halves are still fighting through the minors. Good luck in the near future, Keith!

That's quite a step up, Keith. Usually, it takes months or even years (in most cases) to find something so good.
Congrats, man! That's awesome!

Very nice Keith! The WLH is probably my favorite looking coin. I was lucky enough to find one last year. Let's see some pics of that beauty!

No mint marks on it. It is a beauty. I always wanted to find one of these. It just proves that there are many more out there!

That's funny. I just realized... I just got one of them (and it's a 1942!) in my snail box a couple days ago from E-Bay.
That's how much I wanted one. Couldn't wait to dig one. :lol:

Way to go on the WL! My first silver coin this summer was a 1945 WL. They sure look pretty coming out of the ground.

Back
Top Bottom