• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I found this not far from the house

jammer

I found this about 6" deep at an old house place. Not great but good enuff for a rookie

Attachments

• nik_001_580.jpg
    nik_001_580.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 561
  • nik_453.jpg
    nik_453.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 552
That's definitely a nice find as far as I'm concerned. The nickels can be easily missed, considering the number of other undesirable targets that give off a similar signal or tone, so they are a pleasing find.

Angel

I use a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II

I was there only about 20 minutes when I found it. The date is 1919

Hey looks like it has a date, yes?

Cool find dude :D

Way to go Jammer! I agree with Angel in that after digging all those pop tabs it is nice to see a nickel now and then. I still have not found a buff myself.

Any Buff is a good find. I've yet to find one, consider yourself blessed!

Is that a 'D' mintmark on the reverse at about six oclock? They are less common then the Philadelphia mint for that year. Nice find.

Thank you all I didn't realize the buff was so hard to find. It is a 1919 D.

Come to think of it I have only found 2 nickels since I started huntin 2 years ago. I found a 1940 nickel last year and this one the other day.

Thanks Jammer

1919 buffalos w/ mintmarks were low production, Don't do anything rash trying to clean it. The date is clear, if you try to remove the crud you could do some serious damage. "Buffs" one of my favorite coins
nice going. That coin was probably there for the biggest part of it's life. Keep at that spot, and dig it all........Gil

Back
Top Bottom