• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ace 400,Fisher F22 or Teknetics Minuteman

The Ace series are very good detectors. I don't particularly like yellow, however. The F22 and Minuteman are very good detectors too. The F22 has a few more features than the Minuteman. I have hunted with both and in my soil conditions (moderate to high mineralization) I prefer the Minuteman. It really is no contest. Even though all of FTPs 7.8 kHz detectors and the F19/Gold Bug Pro/TekG2+ come from the same form factor and share much of the same technology, the Minuteman has some tweaking that makes it have rock solid target ID at depth and better separation than its cousins in my soil conditions. The Minuteman and the Eurotek Pro (same detector but more expensive???) are a bit hotter but more stable at the same time in hot soil conditions and in thick EMI. Best deal out there in my opinion.

Save some money and get some good headphones/earbuds with inline volume control and a quality pinpointer.

Jeff

Jeff I have seen the Minuteman listed 2 different ways for sale 1 being just labeled as a Minuteman and the other as a Ameritek Minuteman. Is there a difference between the 2 or is it just a difference in branding?

The Ameritek line seems to now just be referred to as Teknetics - the names of the detectors, Minuteman, Liberator and Patriot are on the Teknetics page.

Here's the link to the Minuteman page. The Minuman is exactly the same machine as the Eurotek Pro.

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com/products/detectors/teknetics-minuteman

To get the $149 price, you need a coupon - to get one, you click on the "get code” text below the price. That takes you to a page where you can pick your state and find a Rep whose code you then use. Or you can just use 1485 - that is a valid discount code.

The Ameritek line seems to now just be referred to as Teknetics - the names of the detectors, Minuteman, Liberator and Patriot are on the Teknetics page.

Here's the link to the Minuteman page. The Minuman is exactly the same machine as the Eurotek Pro.

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com/products/detectors/teknetics-minuteman

To get the $149 price, you need a coupon - to get one, you click on the "get code” text below the price. That takes you to a page where you can pick your state and find a Rep whose code you then use. Or you can just use 1485 - that is a valid discount code.

Thank you for the information and the link very much appreciated .

My first detector was a Eurotek Pro and it served me very well. The $149 deal on the Minuteman will be my budget recommendation for as long as they offer it.

I use an Ace 400 as a backup to my AT Pro and it is a really nice detector. I've found good stuff pretty deep so I know I'm getting good depth with it. Easy to learn and very easy to swing. Comes with headphones, coil cover, and rain cover. additionally there's currently a deal from Garret where for a few extra dollars you'll get a Garrett pinpointer included in the package. My girlfriend use to use a Fisher F2 and the F22 is an updated version of that detector. it was a good detector for the money but it LOVED to sound off on aluminum cans and deep junk so I'm thinking the F22 might do the same. I know nothing about the Minuteman. I think you'd be very happy with the Ace 400. Whichever one you choose talk directly with one of this site's sponsors and you'll be able to swing a deal for less than advertised prices. I've done business with Jeff at Quality Detectors......low prices and fast service.

I use an Ace 400 as a backup to my AT Pro and it is a really nice detector. I've found good stuff pretty deep so I know I'm getting good depth with it. Easy to learn and very easy to swing. Comes with headphones, coil cover, and rain cover. additionally there's currently a deal from Garret where for a few extra dollars you'll get a Garrett pinpointer included in the package. My girlfriend use to use a Fisher F2 and the F22 is an updated version of that detector. it was a good detector for the money but it LOVED to sound off on aluminum cans and deep junk so I'm thinking the F22 might do the same. I know nothing about the Minuteman. I think you'd be very happy with the Ace 400. Whichever one you choose talk directly with one of this site's sponsors and you'll be able to swing a deal for less than advertised prices. I've done business with Jeff at Quality Detectors......low prices and fast service.
Thanks and appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom