Relic recoverist...

Youtubers change machines all the time. Usually every year... Ummmmm... It's called marketing. Company gives a high profile youtuber a new machine for the exposure. See how it works??? OMG! American detector companies better step it up because Relic Recoverist is using a Nox!!! :laughing: It's just marketing, and by and large, marketing is hype. Marketing execs make big bucks sitting around a table figuring out ways to separate you from your hard earned dollars, and they know their stuff! When I choose a machine, I make the decision based on my own research, not based on what Susie-Lou or anyone else is using. Just sayin...

Nailed it!

The Equinox is being used on Hoover boys episodes too. Brad was swinging one while wearing a Garrett hat in an episode. His next find the hat was turned around backwards. Have I not seen Kurt swinging one too occasionally? I know Brad was swinging one in the last episode.

Hoover boys have swung just about every machine made on the market in they're videos, makro,whites,xp deus, Garrett, Fisher,minelab,,those are the brands I've seen in they're videos... All good machines and all find lost coins,jewlery etc. The Minelab is just another addition to theyre arsenal.

In the last 4 or 5 years the Hoover Boys have swung 1 brand detector 99% of the time. Brad swung an F75 early on. Don't remember when he switched. Kurt swung a Nokta Impact in one video right when it came out. I saw one CTX video. The rest of the time everybody was swinging Garretts.

In the last 4 or 5 years the Hoover Boys have swung 1 brand detector 99% of the time. Brad swung an F75 early on. Don't remember when he switched. Kurt swung a Nokta Impact in one video right when it came out. I saw one CTX video. The rest of the time everybody was swinging Garretts.

Yeah Garretts.

The Equinox is being used on Hoover boys episodes too. Brad was swinging one while wearing a Garrett hat in an episode. His next find the hat was turned around backwards. Have I not seen Kurt swinging one too occasionally? I know Brad was swinging one in the last episode.

"performance is everything!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Youtubers change machines all the time. Usually every year... Ummmmm... It's called marketing. Company gives a high profile youtuber a new machine for the exposure. See how it works??? OMG! American detector companies better step it up because Relic Recoverist is using a Nox!!! :laughing: It's just marketing, and by and large, marketing is hype. Marketing execs make big bucks sitting around a table figuring out ways to separate you from your hard earned dollars, and they know their stuff! When I choose a machine, I make the decision based on my own research, not based on what Susie-Lou or anyone else is using. Just sayin...

You're not the typical consumer of metal detectors, though. Garrett wants to market to you, but they understand it won't result in a worthy ROI. So instead, they focus on the rookies and "uninitiated."

In my eyes, Relic Recoverist's machine switch is notable. She was getting a lot of benefits, I imagine, by promoting Garrett's products. And now, she's jeopardizing that. But for what? A monthly check from Codan? She had a falling out with Garrett? Who knows!

Brad is depicted on the fricking AT-Max box for gods sake! Now he's swinging a rival machine! I love it.

I wonder how much he got paid for that. Maybe a nominal fee, although it helped lead to boosting his Youtube viewership?

You're not the typical consumer of metal detectors, though. Garrett wants to market to you, but they understand it won't result in a worthy ROI. So instead, they focus on the rookies and "uninitiated."

In my eyes, Relic Recoverist's machine switch is notable. She was getting a lot of benefits, I imagine, by promoting Garrett's products. And now, she's jeopardizing that. But for what? A monthly check from Codan? She had a falling out with Garrett? Who knows!

She probably was missing all the goodies until she got a Nox:yes:

....... Garrett ...... focus on the rookies and "uninitiated."
]
So true, a buddy's bro in law just spent $350 on an ace 400. 😔 It all has to do with marketing and profit. I root for American companies but when they don't compete then they don't deserve my hard earned money solely for being an American company. (That also goes for paying extra for companies selling chinese items with American brand names)
This is one big reason why Japan got such a foot hold in the US auto market. American auto makers were putting out junk in the 70s. Yes it is time for American companies to STEPUP. Yes the auto industry isn't a hobby industry like metal detectors but I hope in the future they're not looked at as junk detectors. When reading the above post more and more serious hobbyist do believe this.
First Texas has so many models that are so similar and basically starter models that are over priced. Their CZ3D is basically the same as it was from over 30 years(?) ago. The F75, also a great detector, is how old and they just update it and add LTD, + etc. Thankfully they're working on one new model. 👍
Garrett did the same updating the pro to the max but has starting truely trying to compete with the apex. 👍
Just as the American auto industry seen they needed to stepup hopefully FT and Garrett will too as far as being competitive in performance as compared to profit.

....... Garrett ...... focus on the rookies and "uninitiated."
]
So true, a buddy's bro in law just spent $350 on an ace 400. 😔 It all has to do with marketing and profit. I root for American companies but when they don't compete then they don't deserve my hard earned money solely for being an American company. (That also goes for paying extra for companies selling chinese items with American brand names)
This is one big reason why Japan got such a foot hold in the US auto market. American auto makers were putting out junk in the 70s. Yes it is time for American companies to STEPUP. Yes the auto industry isn't a hobby industry like metal detectors but I hope in the future they're not looked at as junk detectors. When reading the above post more and more serious hobbyist do believe this.
First Texas has so many models that are so similar and basically starter models that are over priced. Their CZ3D is basically the same as it was from over 30 years(?) ago. The F75, also a great detector, is how old and they just update it and add LTD, + etc. Thankfully they're working on one new model. 👍
Garrett did the same updating the pro to the max but has starting truely trying to compete with the apex. 👍
Just as the American auto industry seen they needed to stepup hopefully FT and Garrett will too as far as being competitive in performance as compared to profit.

When I first started looking into detectors in the 2010s, the only brands I was considering were Fisher and Garrett, with Garrett well ahead of Fisher. I knew of White's and Tesoro, but never seriously considered them, especially Tesoro with their 9V battery machines. It was 2011 or so and they were using 9V batteries, really? Even smoke detecting companies were moving away from 9V batteries at that time!

Last edited:
I might have different detecting needs than you dirt guys but on my beaches the best detector currently is the tarssacci made in california and one of the best detectors under 600 for the beaches i hit would be the apex

If you think the Equinox is the best detector made, you are dead wrong.
For people that dream of the Equinox as being the best detector ever made they need to wake up.

Equinox is not the best detector ever made. It has plenty of warts that only a newer unreleased model Equinox can fix. There is no such thing as the best detector ever made and I don't remember reading anything in metaladdict's post that implied or said it was........... I haven't found one detector that is absolutely the best at every kind of detecting. That is where the Equinox comes fairly close or at least as close as I have seen so far.

For me, the best ever detector won't happen until someone makes an affordable VLF selectable single frequency, simultaneous multi frequency and pulse induction detector with iron discrimination in the same detector housing that weighs less than 4 pounds, has wireless, is fully waterproof, has accurate target IDs all the way to the extent of its depth of detection and has plenty of recovery speed...................maybe that will happen before I have to hang up my headphones for the last time.

Relic Recoverist had a long break from detecting according to her Facebook page. Maybe it was Covid 19.........She wanted to become a dealer and to learn a new detector. That is all I have been able to find out. She does have a website where she sells detecting products. She sells the full Garrett line of products and also sells the Minelab Go Find, Vanquish and Equinox Series of detectors. Maybe she wanted to learn more about the detectors she sells. She is selling detectors from two of the best detector manufacturers in the world. I would buy a detector from her if I didn't already have too many.

jmaclen: said:
Equinox is not the best detector ever made. It has plenty of warts that only a newer unreleased model Equinox can fix. There is no such thing as the best detector ever made and I don't remember reading anything in metaladdict's post that implied or said it was........... I haven't found one detector that is absolutely the best at every kind of detecting. That is where the Equinox comes fairly close or at least as close as I have seen so far.
Spot-on! Nothing is 'perfect' and all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some are a bit stronger than others, and, in-the-end, we should select one or more detectors and coil sets that we like, that work for us, and fit our wants and needs.

jmaclen: said:
Relic Recoverist had a long break from detecting according to her Facebook page. Maybe it was Covid 19.........She wanted to become a dealer and to learn a new detector. That is all I have been able to find out. She does have a website where she sells detecting products. She sells the full Garrett line of products and also sells the Minelab Go Find, Vanquish and Equinox Series of detectors. Maybe she wanted to learn more about the detectors she sells. She is selling detectors from two of the best detector manufacturers in the world. I would buy a detector from her if I didn't already have too many.
That is exactly how I interpreted what I have seen going on with Relic Recoverist. Matter of fact, I like the more recent videos of her as she sounds a little different, somewhat less annoying, and she ditched that purple hair routine. She has a website and sells detectors, as you noted, so it only makes sense that she will use what she sells, and does so to also make sure she understands how they work. I haven't caught her making a bold statement of a detector model preference one way or the other.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom