Need to hire someone to help find engagement ring!!

erins81

Hello!

I recently lost my engagement ring in my house, and after turning the house upside down multiple times, we still cannot find it. The only thing we can think of now is that one of our dogs possibly ate it and passed it in the backyard.

Does anyone know where I can hire a person who knows what they are doing with a metal detector to come over and search my backyard?? I live in the Kansas City area. Any advice/help is very much appreciated!!!

ummn

id say if its been pretty recent...it should still be in the dog poo.
so my advice would be to use a stick or something (unless you dont mind fingering poop) and pick through the recent piles and if they ate it ...it should still be in one. i really dont think a ring would fall out of poop...so its probably still in there....and if you scoop after they poop....then more than likely its in the garbage and gone.
hope that helps

I wish I lived nearby because that would be quite a story to find a ring under those circumstances. Perhaps collecting the scat and hosing it down in a strainer or wire basket is a possibility too. I don't know how likely it is that a dog would swallow a ring though. I don't think that mine would. My guess is that it is still in the house somewhere.
The other day I was reaching into the side pocket of my car door feeling around for my reading glasses when I found something that felt like a ring. I was shocked to find my wedding ring which had just fallen off my hand as I reached into the pocket! If I didn't find it then, I bet it would have been a long, long time before I did. Good luck!

If you get someone to help with a metal detector don't forget to scan the dog. I read a story once of someone who's dog swallowed a ring and they scaned the dog and sure enough the dog beeped. They just kept scaning the dog every time after he went and when the dog no longer beeped they found it in the poop. That way they didn't have to search a lot of poo!:lol:

I live in PA.,so I don't think I'd be much help... However, if you're handy with
tools, my first search would involve the p-traps in the bathroom and the
kitchen sinks... As all of us know, water is not a friend to hand jewelry...
Next stop, vacuum cleaner... After that, areas where you spend time relaxing
like the patio, sofa, recliner, etc. If you bathed your pooch outside, check there... Hope this helps...HH

I live in PA.,so I don't think I'd be much help... However, if you're handy with
tools, my first search would involve the p-traps in the bathroom and the
kitchen sinks... As all of us know, water is not a friend to hand jewelry...
Next stop, vacuum cleaner... After that, areas where you spend time relaxing
like the patio, sofa, recliner, etc. If you bathed your pooch outside, check there... Hope this helps...HH

I'm not so sure a vacuum cleaner would pick up something heavy like silver or especially gold, and if it did you'd imagine they'd have spotted it before sucking it up and hear the awful noise it created. But might as well check everything I guess.

Erin,

I live in Shawnee, KS. I'd be happy to help out. I sent you a private message.

Todd

Erin,

I live in Shawnee, KS. I'd be happy to help out. Post an ad on Craigslist and I'll reply so we can make contact and work out a time for me to come by.

Todd

Why would he have to post an ad on Craigslist? They can just PM you here on the forum and you guys can exchange info. No need to make extra work.

Yeah, just realized that after I posted (I'm new to the site). I sent her a PM and just came back to remove my initial post.

Yeah, just realized that after I posted (I'm new to the site). I sent her a PM and just came back to remove my initial post.

Its cool, you learn something new everyday. Hope you can help them out. Good Luck!

Its cool, you learn something new everyday. Hope you can help them out. Good Luck!

Well, on a good day you can. Most days it is really closer to .9 things, I sometimes round up to 1 myself though so I understand...I did have a day where it was 1.4 things I learned in that day...but I don't like to brag...

This reminds me of a home video i saw on Americas funniest videos. A little girl swallowed a dime. The first time they scanned her, the dime was in her belly. The second time they scanned her, it dropped lower, and was closer to the back door. The third time they scanned her, she didn't beep anymore. Pretty inventive use of a detector really.

I lost my apple tv remote once. it is the size of an ipod nano. I looked everywhere including the couch. I removed the cushions and checked in all the crevices thoroughly....I thought. I had given up and decided it had gotten thrown away with some newspaper or something like that. Later I decided to give it one more look. I went through the same ritual with the couch except this time I turned the couch over on its side to look under it really good and the remote just fell out onto the floor. I have no idea where it was hiding in the couch, but it did turn up.

If you haven't found it yet another area to check is under the agitator of your washer and the lint trap on your dryer. Both are notorious for catching things left in your pockets when washing your cloths. It's easy to lose a ring when you pull your hand out of a tight pocket and not know it.

Back
Top Bottom