Better than Money.

Dirty Genu

Forum Supporter
MDing is a hobby for me and not a money making venue. There are better returns than money can bring in this hobby. I have returned 2 pair of prescription eye glasses in the last 2 weeks that I have found at our community lake beach.
In the pic see the ring on the left. Within 5 seconds when I found it I knew who it belonged to from the initials inside. It's a girls middle school ring and the owner lives less than 200 yards from me. It took 3 tries to catch her at home, but I did yesterday. I wasn't 100% sure about the middle initial and when she came to the door I asked is your middle initial J? She said yes. I said hold out you hand and I dropped the ring in her hand. She took a quick breath and said "Oh my gosh, it's my middle school ring". She had lost it 15 years ago and I caught her by total surprise. That moment was better than money. I walked back home a little more light footed.:D
Thanks for reading.

4-3-13ACE350finds001SML_zpsc0d2dbfa.jpg

no way! okay, that's pretty darn cool. TOUGH to beat making someone that happy. :)

right on!

Just goes to show you, its a small world. :yes:

Nice job returning the ring. You made her day I'm sure. :)

G2M

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.
I have been looking for 4 other rings lost at the same beach by neighbors. I have spent hours searching and I will do it again tomorrow. The middle school ring I didn't know about until I found it.

Good show Dirty! :cool:

It's quite noble of us when we go that extra mile to return property to people.

You use the power of that 350 for good and not evil! ;)

I have not had the opportunity to return something I have found with my MD but my hope is that I can do it soon. I believe that the reward you paid yourself by finding the owner is much greater than the cash value of the ring (or the glasses for that matter). The cash would be gone eventually, your moral character and the respect that you earned will last forever, even beyond your lifetime. God Bless.

wow, never heard of rings for middle school!! congrats on your returns! It sure is fun to help people out.

I hadn't heard of a middle school ring either. The guy I work with has twin girls and he said he bought rings just like the one I returned at 200 bucks a pop.
The silver ring on the right in the pic is a Junior High School ring.

Very cool story. I'm sure you made her so happy to see that ring again. Hats off to you sir.

That was an awesome story. Must be a small neighborhood to actually know who the rig belonged to with just the initials on it. I would need something like this - If lost please return to John Doe Phoenix AZ 123-456-7890.:laughing:

I did return a wallet a couple of weeks ago that I found on a golf course while my wife and I were riding our bikes. That felt good and he even gave me a reward:yes:

I lost something

While wet wade fishing on the South Fork of the Snake River in Idaho a few years ago, I had a small waterproof, clear plastic container with ten one hundred dollar bills in it float up out of my pocket. No name or phone number. It was stupid I know. After getting over loseing it, I just hoped someone found it that needed the money more than I did. Two weeks ago, I found a silver ring in a front yard that the owners gf had lost three years prior. When I give him the ring, I didn't ask if she was still his gf.
HH

Back
Top Bottom