• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

PA class ring a LONG way from home

gin&kin

Elite Member
Got out yesterday for the first time in a while. My ankle has been giving me trouble from a few months ago still.

The tide wasn't good and I thought this might be the first time that my platinum beach hasn't come up with the goods. A long and steady 5 hour hunt, part of the time spent in the dry yielded many targets, a good clad count, a few silver rings and three junkers. It was a long drive home, the first time with no gold or pt. in the finds bag from this beach.

When I got home I was going through the trash (I've read about this but it has never happend to me :p) and realised the 'junk gold' ring that broke when I was looking at was actually a 10k class ring:D. It is a long way from home....class of 76 New Hope-Solebury High School PA:shock:. I have No idea how it got to this tiny countryside beach here in Japan.

Anyway, a first for me and more importantly kept the winning streak going for this beach......:grin:

Thanks for looking
HH

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 544
Are you looking for the owner of the ring?

I had a look on the school website but couldn't find any links to past students. I can't imagine that it is a US serviceman, this is a tiny country town a long way from any US base, maybe an English teacher or Japanese who studied in the US. It would be nice to return it but by the state of the ring this one has been in the water a long time. I think the owner is long gone.....

Great looking ring! The other silvers look good too! 2508円?
Hope your ankle feels better soon.... spring is on the door step.... time to enjoy!

A 10K ring in the junk pile....I hate when that happens. :lol: That's some collection of pull tabs! Nice hunt, if you need help sorting through your junk I'll give you a hand.:D I used to go to New Hope all the time when I hunted for and collected antique toys ,it's a great little town.

I would love to find a gold ring in my junk.Found a couple silver earrings in it though.Of course i'd also love to be able to name some of my beaches something other than "penny beach" "redneck beach",etc.Platinum beach just has a nice ring to it:laughing:Nice collection of coins you found as well! Ankles take time to heal.Took mine about 6 months.Still nervous i'm gonna twist it on a scoop hitting a rock at an angle or something.

I am starting to see more posters from Japan but still only a few. You have great hunting beaches. Would be cool if you found the owner of the ring only learn the history on it. The prior owner is probably still alive. Heck, I am still alive and graduated before that ring was made. :laughing: If it did not have a story value I would not even consider looking for the last owner. Some people judge if you don't since those rings can be researched. Even beat up he may LOVE to know you actually found his ring after all these years. Then tell him he can't have it. :p

I am starting to see more posters from Japan but still only a few. You have great hunting beaches. Would be cool if you found the owner of the ring only learn the history on it. The prior owner is probably still alive. Heck, I am still alive and graduated before that ring was made. :laughing: If it did not have a story value I would not even consider looking for the last owner. Some people judge if you don't since those rings can be researched. Even beat up he may LOVE to know you actually found his ring after all these years. Then tell him he can't have it. :p
:laughing: By "long gone" I meant left the area, not dead :laughing:

Yes, It would be a fascinating story and would be nice to give back something from a beach I've plundered so much ;)

Other than the school website how would you go about getting more info? I'm not really familiar with class rings. I guess I could shoot the school an email.

Ankles take time to heal.Took mine about 6 months.Still nervous i'm gonna twist it on a scoop hitting a rock at an angle or something.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm worried about:yes:...thanks for the advice... have to give it time

Back
Top Bottom