Desperate mom needing help

If you're sure it is inside the house, a metal detector will not of much use. For floors, try using a strong flashlight. Lay it on the floor to allow the beam of light to shine across the floor. Preferably with the room darkened and put your head as close to the floor as possible. Watch the beam as it goes across the floor. This will work on everything except tall carpets. Tall carpets, just use your hands and sweep them back and forth. Depending on age of your daughter, check everywhere that kids stash things. Under beds, in bedding, clothes hampers, pockets on coats, pants, closets, inside their boots, washer and dryer, and anywhere they remove there clothing would be a good areas to start. Necklaces usually drop inside of clothing. GL Tom

Thank you very much for your input. Unfortunately my daughter is 1.5 years old and I have found her shoes in our kitchen cabinets and drawers. Hopefully as I am cleaning it will pop up. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately there is just to much EMI and other metals in the house that I don't think you will be able to use it indoors. If it were inside on the carpet wouldn't you be able to see it anyway?

Also depending on the size of the necklace and what MD you have it may not even be picked up by the MD. Try waving a similar size and metal necklace by the coil to see if it will give you a hit. Most necklaces are small and only the clasp if anything is seen by the MD.

I don't believe it is inside the carpet, I just wanted to mention the sensitivity that the MD was picking up metals from under the carpet. It would be a godsend to find both the chain and the medallion. I have tried passing a gold necklace of my own as well as earrings and it does pick it up. What I am reading though it sounds as if the MD wouldn't be a good choice for inside the house. Either way thank you for your time and expertise.

Going to be harder inside. Not impossible though..
Are you totally sure it was lost inside house and not car ? In between seats?
From car to house?,

Yes I have checked the car. At this point the only thing left to do to the car would be to unbolt the seats (although at this point that doesn't sound to bad).

To all of you wonderful people that have taken time to respond, Thank you! I will be sure to keep you all posted if it ever comes up. I have not given up hope yet.

To all of you wonderful people that have taken time to respond, Thank you! I will be sure to keep you all posted if it ever comes up. I have not given up hope yet.

Best thoughts and wishes on the hunt. Hope it is found.
There is one other trick I do. Think of something else I lost
And look for it... I'll be darned if every time I look for something the other items I was searching for show up in the past search.

Hope it turns up. A md isn't going to be what finds it I don't think though. My son used to love to flush stuff at that age, and drop stuff down the floor vents. Might be worth looking in the vents if you have any.

If you're bound a determined to use the detector in the house, you might wanna turn off the main breaker, which may eliminate some EMI.

Otherwise, a vacuum cleaner like the others have said. Even a pair of pantyhose over the end of the accessory attachment might work.

If you do this you can turn the breakers all off at once, but not all back on at he same time it will surge the house

If you have a shop vacuum or access to one wrap chees cloth over the hose end. And be sure and get down around the sofa cushions.

Back
Top Bottom