• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

returned 1947 class ring

Great job! The rewards from this hobby are invaluable!

Awesome story! I hope this good deed brings you luck for, at least, the rest of the year.

I was hoping this would get featured...

Jbrow... You should post that note his son sent you....

<*)))>{

I was hoping this would get featured...

Jbrow... You should post that note his son sent you....

<*)))>{

Here is a surprise note from Stanley's son I found in my Facebook inbox. :D

Attachments

• 0505151910-1-1.jpg
    0505151910-1-1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 306
Well done. Pic is priceless. I'm sure he'd be thrilled if you gave him a call or visit to talk about other potential hunting spots. I've learned that spending time with our elders is a reward in itself.
Again, congrats on a find that will truly never leave you.

Great story. Not only did this make his day but he will be telling his friends about the great thing a detectorist did for him and some of them will retell the return to some of their freinds. Your one act of kindness will have a much larger positive impact for all metal detectorists.

That is awesome! Well done! I would go back and hang with him to find out what other treasures he has to share!

That's a fantastic picture and return. I think one of my favorite aspects of this hobby is meeting a lot of seniors and just hanging out talking to them. I love to hear their stories of how the neighborhoods have changed, "the good old days" etc. You can tell it means so much to them to have the company and someone interested in what they have to say. I get the feeling a lot of seniors today just feel like nobody cares about them anymore and that's sad.

As a newbie I can tell you that the thought of finding some obscure coin cache or a really great relic is in the forefront of my thoughts. But to have a day outside, enjoying the world God gave us and finding something that can bring joy to someone else is right there with the aforementioned. Giving someone back their treasure heirloom must be as great as watching your children when they are young, opening Christmas or Birthday presents!

I'm just a big ole' softy I guess?! Well done!!

Back
Top Bottom