Well, UPS screwed up this time!

achaios

Forum Supporter
I keep complaining about USPS, and extolling the virtues of UPS, but they screwed up this time. Either they went to the wrong house, didn't knock on my door, or rapped on the door with a sponge, but they claim they attempted delivery and now I have to go over a mile away to pick it up (and I don't drive).

I'm trying my best to be merry, but I'm surrounded by bozos.

-- Tom

I feel your pain. Don't recall what carrier my wife used when ordering something a few weeks but when she tracked the package it showed delivered. Was not at our house. We do have security cameras up so we know it wasn't stolen (had issue in the past with idiots stealing chirstmas decorations from our front yard). She emailed the carrier who sent photos of the package on the doorstep proving delivery. Only problem is it wasn't our doorstep. I did recongize it and the neighbors though who had moved out about 9 months prior. Walked over and found it there. Not like I don't have a clearly visible house number which is easy to confuse....

once they claimed that they tired to deliver a package stating that no one was home.. they lied as I was home all day they never knocked or pulled in the driveways... I have a driveway alert and would have heard them either way..

Update: After being on hold for 21 minutes, the UPS person attempted to put me on hold to look up something, and cut me off! The next thing I knew, I was talking to their stupid robo-survey that happens at the end of a call!

I'm going back for another attempt (est. 19 minutes this time). BTW, the driver did NOT leave a notice. I am afraid they attempted delivery to the wrong house, an amateur move I expect out of Amazon's sub-minimum wage drivers.

-- Tom

I think a lot has to do with your schedule. For me USPS is first choice, UPS second and FedEx last. The reason is I go to lunch at 10:00 AM, because I go in early so I can go home early, and that's about when USPS delivers so I can catch him close by to sign if I'm not there. UPS usually delivers after 3:00 PM which is the time I get off. FedEx delivers when I'm not home. I think they park down the block and wait for me to leave and then try to deliver a package that needs a signature.

That and I had a delivery where the guy left the tag that he "tried to deliver" and instead of marking the "First Attempt" box he marked all three saying he had tried 3 times and the package was being sent back. I told the guy I bought the item from to refund my money I didn't want to do business with a shipper that used FedEx.

I think a lot has to do with your schedule. For me USPS is first choice, UPS second and FedEx last. The reason is I go to lunch at 10:00 AM, because I go in early so I can go home early, and that's about when USPS delivers so I can catch him close by to sign if I'm not there. UPS usually delivers after 3:00 PM which is the time I get off. FedEx delivers when I'm not home. I think they park down the block and wait for me to leave and then try to deliver a package that needs a signature.

That and I had a delivery where the guy left the tag that he "tried to deliver" and instead of marking the "First Attempt" box he marked all three saying he had tried 3 times and the package was being sent back. I told the guy I bought the item from to refund my money I didn't want to do business with a shipper that used FedEx.

My worst FedEx experience was when I ordered 12 1-liter bottles of soda from Foxon Park. They sent it FedEx and I got 11 *sticky* bottles of soda, not packed in their standard styrafoam containers, but just dumped into a plastic bag and dumped into a spare box.

I can always tell before looking at the label whether a package was delivered by FedEx: It's at the top of the porch steps, nowhere near the door, because the driver doesn't want to walk up 3 whole stairs.

-- Tom

I think a lot has to do with your schedule. For me USPS is first choice, UPS second and FedEx last.

If something needs signed for the post office is always closer. The post office hours are known, UPS can be many miles away and has weird pick up hours. My gold/silver dealer sends parcels out with a weird business name so contents are not known, always by post office no matter the value.

If something needs signed for the post office is always closer. The post office hours are known, UPS can be many miles away and has weird pick up hours. My gold/silver dealer sends parcels out with a weird business name so contents are not known, always by post office no matter the value.

One of the coin dealer whose auctions I participate in, Frank Robinson, sends his coins out with the name of FSR Metalworks. He also self-insures, because he's had issues with USPS refusing to pay out.

I just sent out a 1923 1$ bill to my uncle, claiming I found it in his wallet (made out of Irish Elk hide, but too deteriorated to send) along with his high school ID daguerreotype. I often send him presents kidding him about his age, including an 1837 large cent, allegedly from his birth year. He called me up and said that he wasn't as old as he looked, and I responded "You couldn't be!".

-- Tom

Not UPS but Fed Ex. I had a package due and I stayed home from work to be sure and get it. I live in an apartment and they are usually delivered to my door. After waiting most of the day I went to check my mail. On the mailbox was a note of attempt to delivery, They never even checked to see if I was home. I had to miss work the next day again and wait in the parking lot to catch them when the came again.

Everyone should have at least 1 security camera.

After the claim was made of attempted delivery, inform them you have proof otherwise.

BTW, I did get my package yesterday. This time, the driver knocked, because I had a note on the door that said to knock because I was upstairs.

I'll be glad when the Christmas rush season is over.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom