• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coolest "Pair" of Earrings Ever?

Compass

Forum Supporter
In my book they are. On September 7th while detecting in the wet sand of a southern California beach, my TDI BeachHunter sounded off on a small but definitive target. The hunt was already a success at that point since a few minutes before, I had scooped out a 14K yellow gold ring women's ring so anything more would be icing on the cake.
The "icing" turned out to be a silver Tiffanny heart earring:
picture.php

Meanwhile, during the same week (perhaps even the same day), about 2,450 miles away on a beach near Savannah, Georgia, another forum member, Savannah Harps, had also found a small, silver, Tiffany heart earring - an exact match to the one I found. S.H. saw my post and my query seeking a match and graciously agreed to bringing both earrings together making this story possible. I still need to buff the tiny scratches out and get some silver earring backs but the hard part is done:
picture.php

Thanks again Savannah for the classy gesture and may continued blessings come your way. A special woman in my family will wear these earrings and she will know the amazing story behind them. :yes:

Last edited:
Good people.

That should be easy to buff.

You probably already know. But just give them a buff with some mothers mag polish and a rag. The Roman numeral Tiffany ring i dug is ready for a jewelry case. I even buff the Titanium and carbon fiber rings and gold with it.

Good people.

That should be easy to buff.
Thanks Ra1der, Friendly Metal Detecting Forum living up to its name.

You probably already know. But just give them a buff with some mothers mag polish and a rag. The Roman numeral Tiffany ring i dug is ready for a jewelry case. I even buff the Titanium and carbon fiber rings and gold with it.
Actually, I didn't know. Thanks Larry!

"What are the chances that if I post this single earring on a forum, someone else will....OMG!".

Last edited:
I found a 925 heavy Tiffany chain bracelet. It had the heart, "Return to Tiffany" on it. I did not return it to Tiffany. Now I cannot find it. It is in my house somewhere, but I don't know where. I really need to find that sucker. Maybe I will use my pinpointer.

Return to Tiffany jewelry are special finds. Congrats. Someone will be happy.
Nice going Savannah!

Attachments

• tiffanybracelet.jpg
    tiffanybracelet.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 460
"What are the chances that if I post this single earring on a forum, someone else will....OMG!".
I was pretty sure that many of these have been found by other detectorists but, yes, having that person see my post and agree to part with his may have been against the odds. But, in September of 2020 I found half of a Cartier love bracelet in the wet sand of a local beach and 2 months later I found the other half so you never know.
picture.php

Way cool!
Thanks GS, Yes, one of my favorite memories from decades of detecting!

Congratulations!
Thank you Beachhunter, Finding a match was the furthest thing from my mind when I scooped it out of the wet sand. I just thought, "awesome...Tiffany & Co.".

Coast to coast cooperation,,, what a refreshing thing that is, kudos to the both of you! What a great hobby and forum to be part of.
Thanks fdutra, I couldn't agree more. I hope that I can pay it forward some day. :yes:

I found a 925 heavy Tiffany chain bracelet. It had the heart, "Return to Tiffany" on it. I did not return it to Tiffany. Now I cannot find it. It is in my house somewhere, but I don't know where. I really need to find that sucker. Maybe I will use my pinpointer.

Return to Tiffany jewelry are special finds. Congrats. Someone will be happy.
Nice going Savannah!

Thanks maxxkat, I agree that T&Co are special finds and it is amazing how much of it is out there. In this picture I have a bracelet like yours alongside my wife's authentic Tiffany bracelet. Mine is missing the heart but the similarity is striking.
picture.php

Good luck in finding yours...again. ;)

I don't understand. What was the point of "Return To Tiffany"? Would Tiffany somehow return it to the rightful owner?

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

But

Those earings say , you have to return them to the manufacturer , :lol: , That girl I bet was a Georgia girl , vacationing in S. Ca when she lost the other earing , better seek & find her George :(:yes: , good pirate , or bad pirate :pirate::pirates:

That is a cool story, a great find and very commendable for what Savannah Harps did to make it a pair. Very generous. Congrats. I was fortunate enough to find a Tiffany in Jan. of 20. A 1908 Pitt athletic cuff link. Good luck. Mark

Those earings say , you have to return them to the manufacturer , :lol: , That girl I bet was a Georgia girl , vacationing in S. Ca when she lost the other earing , better seek & find her George :(:yes: , good pirate , or bad pirate :pirate::pirates:
Earl, if I knew that the same girl lost both earrings on different coasts and SH and myself found each earring in the same week I would go straight to the convenience store and buy a Mega Millions ticket! :lol:

Lol Reply back , you took the bait !

(Earl, if I knew that the same girl lost both earrings on different coasts and SH and myself found each earring in the same week I would go straight to the convenience store and buy a Mega Millions ticket! ) Better go -- https://www.megamillions.com/ Cut me in on a Million Cash . PS I was correct , Id figure I would get a reply out of you , just kidding George :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom