Anyone else have a train?

We have this locomotive in the park near me...ok, no one said anything about scale!
When I was a kid we could climb in, on and around it. Then at some point things changed and the county put up a fence. :no:
They even swiped the plaque in front.

There is a railroad museum just past the south end of our town, except for special events they are closed due to Covid-19
Fairfield_Railroad_Museum.jpg

Not far from there some company has a "bike tree" attraction :laughing:
(they used to have an old small airplane in that tree but it fell down or was taken down likely due to the tree being old)
Bike_tree.jpg

Here is part of our our "high tech" Christmas garden :laughing: (more houses in the background)
Christmas_garden_2020.jpg

GKL, I like the lineman dummy hooked on the pole.

They had that there before also back when they had a small plane in that tree.

Here is a pic of what that looked liked when the plane was still there, but note that the pic was edited as a funny edit to put Mud's face on the lineman (as if he was a passenger) and Ken's face on the pilot dummy (as if he safely crash landed in the tree) and I added the Minelab emblem on the plane's wing, other than that that is how it looked back then :laughing:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2914390#post2914390

(I'd have to search to see if I still have a copy of the unedited version, but I remembered I had the edited version online :lol:)

(sorry to the OP, not meaning to hijack the thread but wanted to respond to the previous poster)

We have this locomotive in the park near me...ok, no one said anything about scale!
When I was a kid we could climb in, on and around it. Then at some point things changed and the county put up a fence. :no:
They even swiped the plaque in front.

Gorgeous loco! I had an HO scale that looked like it, when I was a kid.

There is a railroad museum just past the south end of our town, except for special events they are closed due to Covid-19
View attachment 476079

Not far from there some company has a "bike tree" attraction :laughing:
(they used to have an old small airplane in that tree but it fell down or was taken down likely due to the tree being old)
View attachment 476080

Here is part of our our "high tech" Christmas garden :laughing: (more houses in the background)
View attachment 476081
I like the steam engine đź‘Ť

Pretty cool layout, and it’ll be fun to add a little bit each year! I haven’t had any sets for a couple decades when I sold them all to help fund a career change. I mostly had HO and O27 gauge that my Dad and I played around with, but I also had a small N scale box set that I inherited from my Uncle. He and I used to go the Greenburg Great Train Shows when they were at the Philadelphia Convention Center in the early 80s - awesome memories. I still regret selling those sets every time I think about it....

we all collect something?

Me thinketh that nearly all metal detectorists come from being a collector background. KT started collecting coins and stamps when He was 6 years old, when 12 he discovered minerals and set aside the earlier collections and began collecting rocks and minerals, then He went off to college, and collecting was put on hold, a few years out of college and mineral collecting started up again. In 1986, the 150th anniverary of Arkansas Statehood, KT got interested in Arkansas ephemera, particularly Centennial and Sesquicentennial coins and first day covers. Bought many from a local dealer and off eBay...back when such things were pretty cheap. Then got into postcards from KT's home town, Hot Springs Arkansas. Bought them from eBay and local rare book shows as well as from the local coin dealer...ended up with around 1800 different ones!

Then KT discovered metal detecting and this brought about KT's interest in coins, particularly silver coins. Also in there somewhere KT got interested in ancient Rome and had two books showing their coinage...wound up purchasing a number of bronze Roman coins, some silver ones, and even a few clad coins...silver over bronze! :shock:

KT continues to hunt for and purchase interesting silver coinage!

Model trains

I have several N scale trains but no layout, yet. My favorite are Amtrak, though being that I live near the world’s largest classification yard, I collect UP engines as well. My father in law gave me his O scale collection, but those are just too big to set up. I like trains!

10D58742-DA92-465A-B424-23F7A055CD55.jpg
565C2699-3B78-438C-A722-A404F6424B4D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom