Bounty Hunter TK4 tips?

SnakeSpiritDude

So, I just purchased my tk4. I went out and used the recommended setting for coins, and it picked up aluminum. The disc knob was all the way to 3 o'clock, and I was on the discrimination mode. Also, does anybody have tips or tricks about using this machine? Thanks.

Lay out some coins and see where they get disc out. When you get a good signal raise your coil 8" or so, if you're still getting a hit it's probably a big piece of trash like a alum can. There are vids on tube on the t4 but any video of a simple anolog machine (tesoro compadre silver, whites classics, fisher 1212 1225x etc) will be the same

So, I just purchased my tk4. I went out and used the recommended setting for coins, and it picked up aluminum. The disc knob was all the way to 3 o'clock, and I was on the discrimination mode. Also, does anybody have tips or tricks about using this machine? Thanks.

My friend is very experienced with the tracker 4 and he says aluminum cans will ring up with coins in the same disc zone but the cans will have a “longer” signal. Also raising the coil way up works too as the previous post explained.

Lay out some coins and see where they get disc out. When you get a good signal raise your coil 8" or so, if you're still getting a hit it's probably a big piece of trash like a alum can. There are vids on tube on the t4 but any video of a simple anolog machine (tesoro compadre silver, whites classics, fisher 1212 1225x etc) will be the same

I did try doing that. Is there anyway that I can eliminate aluminum, but not iron? And a follow up to that, are most relics made of iron or silver? Thanks

I did try doing that. Is there anyway that I can eliminate aluminum, but not iron? And a follow up to that, are most relics made of iron or silver? Thanks

On the tracker 4 there is no way to eliminate all foil. Using the notch function you can eliminate some but not all of it. Since the tk4 is a 2 tone machine you can’t use the tone function for that either. But I recommend digging it all except smaller iron, because relics can be found in almost any metal, ranging from iron horseshoes and square nails to pewter colonial relics to brass buttons to silver spoons and coins. Watch the Hoover boys on YouTube they will inspire you to dig it all!

On the tracker 4 there is no way to eliminate all foil. Using the notch function you can eliminate some but not all of it. Since the tk4 is a 2 tone machine you can’t use the tone function for that either. But I recommend digging it all except smaller iron, because relics can be found in almost any metal, ranging from iron horseshoes and square nails to pewter colonial relics to brass buttons to silver spoons and coins. Watch the Hoover boys on YouTube they will inspire you to dig it all!

Ok thanks. A few more questions. One, how do you estimate the size of the object? I see people on YT saying like, "Oh thats a quarter." And two, what area of the coil does the reading? what I mean by that is, when I get a reading, the coil is big so I'm not sure if the left part of the coil is reading the right part of the hole or is it the center or the coil that is reading the signal directly above?

Ok thanks. A few more questions. One, how do you estimate the size of the object? I see people on YT saying like, "Oh thats a quarter." And two, what area of the coil does the reading? what I mean by that is, when I get a reading, the coil is big so I'm not sure if the left part of the coil is reading the right part of the hole or is it the center or the coil that is reading the signal directly above?

The guys on youtube use VDI machines and it gives a number to indicate the probable target. Unfortunately on the tracker 4 since it’s an analog machine you can’t do that. Since the tracker 4 uses an 8 inch concentric coil the target will be exactly in the center of the circle of the coil when you pinpoint it.

Information on coils:
https://bigboyshobbies.net/double-d-coil-vs-concentric-coils

The guys on youtube use VDI machines and it gives a number to indicate the probable target. Unfortunately on the tracker 4 since it’s an analog machine you can’t do that. Since the tracker 4 uses an 8 inch concentric coil the target will be exactly in the center of the circle of the coil when you pinpoint it.

Information on coils:
https://bigboyshobbies.net/double-d-coil-vs-concentric-coils

Sorry to bother you again, but what pinointer would you recommend between 20-50 dollars?

Tracker IV is a great starter detector. For coin shooting and getting to know your machine...try this.

The TKIV uses mixed tone to effectively give you three tones. So set a nickel on the ground and turn the disc knob counterclockwise until it just breaks into full low tone. Now your nickels will be low tone..pennies dimes and quarters will be hi tone. Most of whats in the mixed tone range will be pull tabs and such.

Don't stop there in learning the machine...it's extremely versatile. The way the disc works gives the machine something many more expensive machines don't even have...adjustable tone break. That disc knob changes where the tone breaks for different items.

Also...although this is technically a two tone machine. It mixes those tones in the middle making it effectively three tones. But that's not all. The tone first breaks with low tone and just a tad of hi...then evenly mixed...then hi tone with just a little low tone. You'll soon realize you've got a five tone machine with adjustable tone break. You could do worse for your 98 bucks ;)

It's not that deep...but it's not that shallow either. In full all metal mode it'll reach down there deeper than you think.

I've moved on to other machines now. But I'm very fond of that detector.

Back
Top Bottom