Florida Island Kayaking Bullet Spill

Shavnore

Elite Member
A two and a half mile kayak voyage lead me to this small island in the middle of the Intercoastal Waterway. The island is only about 60 feet by 60 feet wide, not a beer can or pull tab in site. I made my way to the peak of the island where my Equinox chimed in around 14 to reveal these beauties all within a few inches of each other. Any idea as to a time period? This area does not go back too far as far as inhabitants, and the island was man made by the Army Corps of Engineering. Always a great day social distancing and un earthing history!
199cbc1b1af74afe1ba4932ee5292963.jpg
92673d068fe2ae3ffaf3c13729dd8fff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweet! I like the idea using the kayak. My favorite hobbies in one day. Slick Feelfree btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick look on google maps will tell you if the island is federal,state or otherwise preserved or off limit. It may be a wildlife preserve for birds and stuff which would make just being there a liability.

A quick look on google maps will tell you if the island is federal,state or otherwise preserved or off limit. It may be a wildlife preserve for birds and stuff which would make just being there a liability.
Are you assuming I didn't research the island I kayaked to before I hunted it?

Sweet! I like the idea using the kayak. My favorite hobbies in one day. Slick Feelfree btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I live right behind these islands and see people on them every day camping, the state owns them and they are open to hunting and camping, figured it would be the perfect spot!

Back
Top Bottom