First GOLD ring, silvers, wheaties, lots of clad...

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Made a trip up north this afternoon, started in on a curb strip, and it was loaded with modern coins and nothing old... probably my first 30-40 coins were clad quarters, dimes and copper pennies, along with a couple of Jeffy Nickels.

I saw a couple drive up to a nearby ca 1910 home, I kept my "social distance" and received permission to detect the front and side yard. Not a huge yard, I pulled 5 wheat pennies and some more recent coins. Right along the sidewalk on the front street side, I got a smooth 88-90 on the AT Pro. Hoping for silver, I actually had to go UNDER the sidewalk to fetch the coin, a 1943 Silver Quarter.

After finishing that yard, I headed south and was fortunate to receive permission at a ca 1918 home, small front yard but decent side yard. I wasn't doing too well, until about the middle of the side yard when I pulled a couple of Mercury Dimes, and some wheaties. Gridding the yard, I got a steady 50-51 on the AT Pro, figured it was a nickel fairly deep, and out popped a gold 10KT marked ring, my first for the year! Not too big at all, but I'll take it! Dirt fishing for gold isn't my thing, I like chasing silvers, so was pleasantly surprised to get a small but solid gold ring. Checking the curb strip out front, highlights were a Sacajawea Dollar coin, and a Silver Rosie.

The weather here in Western Montana was pretty crazy today, snow pellets were falling most of the time I was detecting, with some sun breaks in between. Missoula seemed pretty quiet, and no rush hour at all for a 5 pm on Friday when I quit and headed back to Hamilton. Am very happy with the days finds, and thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• weil2.jpg
    weil2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 319
  • weil1.jpg
    weil1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 270
Nice job David. Nothing wrong with silver AND gold ! You are having solid consistent days now that the weather is getting decent. Your silver count will be pretty impressive if you keep this up. 4 in one day plus a gold is serious success. Congrats on the good stuff and stay healthy!

Congrats on getting your gold count started. Nice pile o' coinage too. Another GW too? Love finding those...they are "big silver" in my book. :yes:

Thank you Foragist! Am always happy with a Silver Quarter, no question of that!

Nice job David. Nothing wrong with silver AND gold ! You are having solid consistent days now that the weather is getting decent. Your silver count will be pretty impressive if you keep this up. 4 in one day plus a gold is serious success. Congrats on the good stuff and stay healthy!

Thanks Todd! Am heading out hopefully today, weather depending, and see how the wife and I do this time.

Adding four more Silver's to the coffers is a very nice thing David . But the Gold Ring done stole the show. Like you Gold is a rare find so when it occurs it gets the number one spot. Congrats! Trapper

Adding four more Silver's to the coffers is a very nice thing David . But the Gold Ring done stole the show. Like you Gold is a rare find so when it occurs it gets the number one spot. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Yep, like you, I am silver chaser, too much trash in the gold range but of course a big gold ring is worth more than most of the silver I will get in a whole year!

Back
Top Bottom