• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ring with a "V" inside?

AZWIP

Elite Member
Howdy...
Am unable to post a photo at this time… but found in a park, a nice heavy ladies silver ring… inside of the band it states 925 (easy enough)… but also stamped little to the side of that, is what looks like a large “V” with a small square – sort of tipped onto one of the points of the edge so it looks a bit diamond shaped – inside of the top portion of the “V”. The ring is fairly thick/heavy with a large (what looks like) peridot stone… probably around the 2 kt size.

Really nice looking ring, but am wondering what the inside stamp (into the silver) symbol stands for? Anyone know? Not sure the peridot is real or not, but again, good looking heavy silver ring with large peridot stone etc…

Thanks folks. Wish I could post a photo.. but camera battery is out.

The drawing is a great idea, but should be getting my new battery today/tomorrow... will post ppic when I do... until then, its a wife topped "V" with a sort of diamond symbol fitting between the the two top ends of the "V". I agree probably the maker (would that be a hallmark then?)... but wonder who etc...

Thanks folks.

That mark means its a special ring. When that ring and another are placed together , it turns those who wear it into mermaidman and barnicle boy superheroes. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Close

Close, but here is a photo, not a very good one, seems my camera hates macro mode... hope you can see the "V" with the small square inside, on a point so it looks more "diamond-ish". :D

On the other side is the 925 stamp... not shown...

Attachments

• ThisOne.GIF
    ThisOne.GIF
    19.4 KB · Views: 11,239
Hmmm, anyone have any idea what that hallmark is? I have been searching... still no luck - weird.

Thanks.

The V with the small square... an answer!

I was stumped by this question myself, so I researched it for hours. It turns out it's not a V and a small square, but the numerals 80 (۸۰) in Farsi (Persia/Iran) or Arabic which uses the same numerals, which I believe indicates .80 silver. I signed up on this forum because I saw your question and I was equally curious. Regards to all.

http://www.silvercollection.it/DICTIONARYSILVERHALLMARKSOVERVIEW3.html

Close, but here is a photo, not a very good one, seems my camera hates macro mode... hope you can see the "V" with the small square inside, on a point so it looks more "diamond-ish". :D

On the other side is the 925 stamp... not shown...

I believe this might be close?
Screenshot_20220127-063553_Chrome.jpg
I cant tell if there's 2 V's in your picture, but the rest seems to be darn close... nice find!!!

azdirtdigger, thanks for the Vargas makers mark idea. That is an exact match for a sterling ring I found many years ago! It was a low lying wet area where I found it nearly 10" deep.

We all have way too much time on our hands in the winter...
Frozen tundra and 4 inches of snow on the ground

Back
Top Bottom