Coil Compatibility Question

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
I have a 10" Bounty Hunter coil that I want to use on my Fisher F2, but I want to make sure it is okay to put it on there first. The 10" coil came off of 6.7khz machine and the F2 is a 5.9khz machine, but has the identical plug as the BH. Will it hurt to use a coil made for a 6.7khz on a 5.9khz machine?

Thanks,
Doug

Do you have a Ohm meter? I would check both coils and see if they have the same resistance. If the BH coil reads less than the Fisher It would draw more current through the circuit and possibly damage it. Also want to make sure the pins go to the proper coils in the coil (transmit/receive).

I contacted Fisher and was told that they are PROBABLY not compatible, but he does not know for sure. He is going to have a technician email me with a definite answer.

Doug

What I have wondered for a long time is, if the connectors match, will an incompatible coil damage the machine? A lot of the bulkhead connectors can be screwed together.

What I have wondered for a long time is, if the connectors match, will an incompatible coil damage the machine? A lot of the bulkhead connectors can be screwed together.

That was what I was worried about. It turns out, with my machine, the Bounty Hunter push connect coils are compatible. The 10" coil is working out pretty well on the F2.

Back
Top Bottom