The Garrett AT Max "wiggle"

I have occasionally seen Garrett AT Max operators mention something called the AT MaX "wiggle". What, pray tell, is this technique and what is it supposed to achieve? :dancing::dancing::dancing:

I assume its the Double D coil wiggle. Use it. You'll never have to fuss with the pinpoint function again. Wiggle back over the target until the signal disappears.

The target is now at the tip of your coil.

Ta da!!!

As SW mentioned, that’s the DD coil “Wiggle Back” technique, which is a quick and easy pinpointing technique that can be performed using any brand of detector with a DD style coil attached.

Here’s a link to an instructional video from Garrett Metal Detectors showing how to do it using an Ace 400, but again, it works exactly the same way with any machine with a DD coil: https://youtu.be/ub79BhaKaHs?t=5m40s

Yep, I use that technique with my DD coils on both my PI and VLF detectors.
Works well and can also help determine if the target is small like a coin/ring or larger like a beer can.

All my MD'ers have the DD coil and I use the wiggle on all of 'em. Makes it A LOT easier pinpointing your target. Still need the pin pointer to find it once you've dug your plug though...

Back
Top Bottom