MTHA Hunt - Record turnout

jimther

Elite Member
Update: this one is in the history books... Will post some photos soon. Thanks to all the forum members AND wives, girlfriends and nephews who came Great to meet some new forum members and see some familiar faces again. Hope you all had a good day.

Jim

Last edited:
How many hunters total came out? This was my finds. Over $4 in clad, and the penny was a prize for finding a token.
232e47489c181623f06850b4719d37ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This was the fist time i have ever been to an event like this. It was well worth it.

$8.95 in clad
1 Buffalo nickel
2 Silver Franklins
1 Silver quarter
9 Mercs
1 Barber dime
1 Walking liberty half
Tin with $50 in it (let my nephew pull it out)
A brass round that was exchanged for an XP pinpointer (also given to my nephew since i have a carrot)

My nephew had about 9 or 10 silvers: 2 quarters, 2 or 3 Franklins and the rest were mercs. Not sure now much clad, i didnt count it out. Also got a a finds pouch.

When is the next one? :)

The hunt was a lot of fun for both of us and we're already looking forward to next year's hunt. Congrats to the MTHA for putting on such a good time for all. Sue found $7.20 in clad, 7 Mercury dimes, a silver Roosevelt dime, and a Silver Washington quarter. I found $5.85 in clad, 4 buffalo nickels, 3 silver Roosevelt dimes, 7 Mercury dimes, 3 silver Washington quarters, and a 1928-s Peace dollar. Sue found prize tokens for the Garret hat and Garrett clip. I found tokens for the White's drop cloth, White's flashlight, and the Garrett "Keepers Box".

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,170
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,188
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,161
What a great event! So nice to attend a seeded hunt that was organized and well run. No silly delays or extra long breaks in the action.

I ended up with 47 coins for a total of $6.80. Found 12 silvers and a buffalo nickel. Also dug up three prize tokens, which netted me a Bounty Hunter T-shirt, a Garrett trowel and a very nice Garrett digger!

Best find was a holed penny, which made me eligible for the third hunt of the day, the gold coin hunt. Didn't find it, but it was a lot of fun anyway. Thanks for putting on such an amazing hunt!

Attachments

• DSCN0623 (2).jpg
    DSCN0623 (2).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,036
  • DSCN0627 (2).jpg
    DSCN0627 (2).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,980
Forum member photo

Thanks for posting your feedback, guys. I've forwarded a link to this thread to our Huntmaster, Sandi and also our club officers.

I'm including below, a group photo of the forum members who attended. BottleCapKing was there too, but preferred to be behind the camera rather than in front. Thanks Jay... good job !

I will be adding a link to a web album of additional photos, and possibly to a drone video that one our members shot.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,869
Last edited:
I'm including below, a group photo of the forum members who attended. BottleCapKing was there too, but preferred to be behind the camera rather than in front. Thanks Jay... good job !

You are welcome. I have always felt more comfortable behind a camera than in front.

It was a great hunt, though, I was so fricken sore afterwards. I was in a perpetual state of "lunge". My hamstrings and quads were screaming at me all sunday and through monday.

My haul for the day was:

17 Mercs
3 silver Rosies
1 silver Washington Quarter
$8.75 in clad
And a token to get me into the gold coin hunt, which, I sadly did not find.

All and all, I did pretty good for myself (and definitely better than the whole of my year so far).

As a bonus, a got to make friends with an extremely cute English Golden Retreiver puppy (English Goldens are like the super models of the dog world).

It was a fun day, I got about a dozen silver dimes (I gave one merc to the woman in the back of the photo wearing a blue sweater to the left of freebirdtim) , a deus t-shirt, and probably 10$ in clad quarters :laughing: Not my best year for finds or prizes, but I had alot of fun regardless. There were so many targets where I started each time, it made it hard to cover much ground. The dominoes pizza was a great addition, as well as the gummy snacks and crackers. Thanks Jim, you guys did good! Congrats to everyone who participated, and already looking forward to next year's :cool3:

I should of went to this to check out this event never been to one before. looks fun I want to catch the next one!

I should of went to this to check out this event never been to one before. looks fun I want to catch the next one!

Sorry you missed this one Tajue17. I usually post an announcement in May for an October hunt, and send the link by PM to about 150 forum members around New England & New York. These 150 are in my Contacts list, and you are as well. So, stay tuned.
I’m still editing photos and waiting for others from a few club members, to place in an online album for the Hunt. Will place the link to the album in this thread when it’s ready.

Jim

Oops - Forgot to post the link

I did post the link to the hunt photos in a separate thread, but forgot to post it here, as promised. Just in case you've been waiting for it, here's the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGkdxYvndVHi9nat5 Read below info before following the link.

Best viewed on a computer screen versus a tiny mobile device screen.

1) You can manually browse through the photos by moving your mouse into the BLACK border to the right of each photo and clicking the white arrow to advance to the next photo. To back up, move your mouse over to the BLACK border at left of the photo and click the left arrow.

Or

2) To initiate a SLIDE SHOW that will advance on its own, move your mouse to the upper right corner of the screen, where you will see three dots, in a vertical stack. Left-click there and the drop-down menu will display several choices, the first of which is SLIDE SHOW. Each photo will display for about 5 seconds.

To exit out of the album or slide show, hit Esc key on your keyboard (upper left corner on top row of keys).

Jim

Back
Top Bottom