farm implement found

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Well we sometimes do find odd things when out metal detecting. This was found in the woods, not really buried but covered about 70% in weeds, leaves and branches. Just curious what it was and pulled away some of the stuff covering it.

Seemed to me like a mule or small tractor cultivator of some sort. Well just kept it the back of my mind for a couple of months. I had no use for it. But the other day I thought well maybe someone else would like it. So I put a picture on nextdoor.com and got about 8 responses. Some were ladies who wanted to put it in their garden, a few I think just wanted it to sell as scrap iron but one buy really wanted it to use it. He had bought some land up near the north georgia mountains and was planning on building his retirement home.

So he got the nod. He brought a trailer and we carried it out to the road and were were both happy campers. Me because I know someone could actually use it and he was happy because he had been looking for something like this for the past year to pull behind his small kubota tractor. A win/win for everyone except the individuals who didn't get the nod.

Attachments

• farmtiller (1)small.jpg
    farmtiller (1)small.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 263
It's crazy that a guy who has been looking for something like that for a year was able to get it because someone metal detecting found it in the woods, brought it home, and posted it on nextdoor. One man's trash, right?

It's crazy that a guy who has been looking for something like that for a year was able to get it because someone metal detecting found it in the woods, brought it home, and posted it on nextdoor. One man's trash, right?

Technically I did not bring it home. Too heavy. But I showed him where it was and both of us lugged it to his trailer. We were both happy. Love to see old things being appreciated and used by the right person.

Harrows are a pretty common at the farms sites around here. The farmers would use them to clear weeds and spread manure. It's cool you found someone who wants to put it to good use...

Back
Top Bottom