Conductivity and metal detecting explained

I know Park1 is supposed to be better for U.S. silver than Park2, but I find Park2 to be overall much better. I have no Idea why. I just have much better success using Park2. Actually I never use anything but Park2 anymore, which might be a mistake. My overall success with Park2 has been such I just have a hard time using any other program.

I do find Park2 is much more susceptible to EMI than Park1. I have ran across spots where Park2 was totally unusable unless the sensitivity was turned down to like 15 or lower. I usually will pull out the Etrac if this happens.

Bottle cap king said , As far as lower frequencies and silver coins go, the big issue is VDI numbers. A silver quarter reacting to a 18Khz signal is going to produce a higher VDI number than a 5Khz signal. Because of this, higher frequncies can cause larger silver targets to wrap into the negatives, where as lower frequencies are less likely to do that.
What would happen to a low conductor if say you used 5khz instead of 20 khz .sube

Back
Top Bottom