• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Camp Pendleton/Oceanside Hunt this weekend

Hoffie

I plan on hunting the beaches at Oceanside this weekend. Coming in from Phoenix to get away from desert hunting and the heat for the holiday weekend. Would anyone like a hunt buddy for the day?

That's 5-ish hrs. south of me. Good luck. No ocean erosion going on in CA that I know of. But there's always current/recent losses.

And don't forget the rule for outsiders visiting CA: You must send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal . :cool:

Tom that probably is a rule for beach lifeguards, homeless beachbums, local police and the city council of Oceanside, too. :lol:

I wish that I would have asked for tomorrow off so that we can get there before sunset. Oh well, Sat, Sun & Mon will be excellent days to hunt with temps below 78 all weekend unlike Phoenix with temps just below 100 all weekend.

It is so bad here that the state has closed all public land due to fire possibilities until we actually get rain. Well that could be quite a long while here..

Oceanside beach and Oceanside harbor are both good choices. Are you hunting with an AT Pro? Stay out of the wet, super mineralized beaches. Even with a PI I have had trouble. Lots of deep iron at Oceanside beach, especially south of the pier.

Always opportunity in dry sand and plenty of beach to cover. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom