Two visits to pasture. Friday and Sunday.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

What wonderful weather we've had here over the weekend! It has been breezy but on the whole, dry. The down side to this is that the grass grows so fast! DaveG and my good self have returned to a field that has always (Since we have detected here) been used for Barley. At the end of Summer we've had horrid stubble to look forward to. This year my prayers were answered and the farmer has put it to grass. We have had plenty of finds from this field but it seems that there is still more to come.....

DaveG has been getting to grips with his new Equinoxious and had two recordable buckles, silver and something that could be more that first meets the untrained eye.....

I am still attached to my Super Silver Sniffer and although I think I should trade up, days like Sunday make me think I should stick with 'Ol Faithful. I will be watching DaveG's finds rate before deciding....

So, two visits of a couple of hours each time. The ATG worked well in the growing grass and even told me what should be dug and what should be left behind...... What a machine this is! To be honest, I just go with what ever it says now and the level of mutual trust we have just gets higher....

Plenty of lead blobs to be had, these are the best bits.
Old coppers, buttons, barrel key......
A gilt brooch, a silver brooch and a love token.

Many thanks,

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5610.jpg
    rsz_dscf5610.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 419
  • rsz_dscf5612.jpg
    rsz_dscf5612.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 378
  • rsz_dscf5616.jpg
    rsz_dscf5616.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 372