• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Not What I Expected. On the Board!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Out in the water today with my Nox 800 and Tony Eisenhower headphones. Everything worked great. I just waded although I did go under a few times to pick up what I thought was a boat anchor. When I finally got a hold of it I brought up a very old snow shovel.

Water was tolerable which was a plus. I did forget to take my camera so no water or dock pictures.

As I was warned, Nox loves bottle tops. Just the nature of the beast. I only have one small dislike on the Nox and that is no overload signal. I did dig a few cans that had become propeller bait.

I guess everyone is reading to see what I found to put me on the board. First I have to say that it is MOSTLY genuine. I found a 10K bracelet marked 417 that is real. The clasp is marked 10K and it loves a magnet. So I am guessing the clasp was replaced at one time. 7.74 grams at 135.00 and it gets me started for the year.

Because of all the duck hunters out there I really thought I would pick up more let shot. Some targets fell through my scoop and I left them. When I go back there diving I will be able to see what this critter picks up that can't stay in the scoop.

Nothing really out of the ordinary today except for the snow shovel which I left. Pinpoint is useless to me and so are numbers. I went by sound alone.

I am going to go back out their tomorrow for a little while and maybe brave another place on Sunday. Stay tuned.

Nice job Scuba :yes: Glad the Nox treated you well out there. Lotta bottlecaps for sure. Nice bracelet and looks like a decent hose clamp as a bonus :)

Thanks for the info on the NOX...…. it definitely loves those cans...… I read somewhere to determine a bottle cap just lift the coil up and down like you're ground balancing. The coins will stay solid on the same numbers and caps will bounce low-high. That works well in the turf but not sure about the salt water. My NOX has only been on turf so far so I'm not sure about the salt... love to know if it does...…..

Congrats on the bling...……

Fed the CZ21 with 4 fresh ones and greased the seal..... it's ready to go swimming....

I totally agree and the bottle tops and no overload. I say the positive thing about the 800 is it smacks good targets and the negative this is it can smack bad targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the NOX...…. it definitely loves those cans...… I read somewhere to determine a bottle cap just lift the coil up and down like you're ground balancing. The coins will stay solid on the same numbers and caps will bounce low-high. That works well in the turf but not sure about the salt water. My NOX has only been on turf so far so I'm not sure about the salt... love to know if it does...…..

Congrats on the bling...……

Fed the CZ21 with 4 fresh ones and greased the seal..... it's ready to go swimming....

I don't trust any way of discriminating caps in Michigan. Way too many Canadian coins in the water and they are all magnetic.

No bottle top digging I must do!

That's a great first hunt, specially with a new machine!

Glad the Nox worked well for you Scuba!!! Congrats on the gold and other finds. That is a lot of bottlecaps but I guess you have to dig em.

:dingding: Very nice melt value on that to start off paying the new machine.:yes: I have found that there are bottle caps within bottle caps that sound much better than others: Corona and Stella Artois are among them for me.

Awesome! Glad you are able to get back in the water. I have a pair of waterproof phones headed my way. May join you when the water temp gets nicer.

Nice job on the 10k bracelet Scuba! In regards to the magnetic clasp, are you sure its not the metal spring inside the lobster claw thats causing it to be magnetic?

Back
Top Bottom