Calabash back after the gold today with Deus 2 on beach

Any detector would have hit that though. It looks to me like Deus have made a nice equinox competitor with some great features that you pay a pemium for.
And there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't think anyone should expect to find gold with it that a nox couldn't.

Any detector would have hit that though. It looks to me like Deus have made a nice equinox competitor with some great features that you pay a pemium for.
And there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't think anyone should expect to find gold with it that a nox couldn't.

Okay.
Let’s see in next say 6 months what the consensus is comparing the Deus 2 and EQX series on the beach.

You may be surprised.

As Long John said any beach machine would have found these rings...

Look... I give you the detector seems like its going to be decent... one of my friends had the Deus 1 and he has done well over the years in the dirt..

But so far its just another beach machine... at this point...

I'm going to sound like broken record but I want to see a beach hunter take it out...

Most guys who make beach video's show them actually digging the target from start to finish... and what's with the vertical video? That was annoying as hell.. it screwed with my Meniere's :lol:

It acts like a typical beach detector double beeping on a junk target that is shaped like bobbie pin or bent nail..

Yeah,
Calabash spent his time digging a target IDing in gold ring range. Ring hasn’t been tested yet. It may be the real deal.
Deep hole too.
Notice the ID reported undug vs dug?

Yeah someone with an Excalibur could have been digging a sucker’s deeper dime few feet away while the possible gold ring was lurking.

Folks will eventually catch on. I already have. Deus 2 might be a search and destroy gold ring VLF machine on a salt water beach.

Deus 2 is inbound to me.
I have a big sized men’s wedding band I will test with Deus 2. To get a better idea of top end ID range of gold rings on detector. I’ll show via video.

Last edited:
Yeah,
Calabash spent his time digging a target IDing in gold ring range. Ring hasn’t been tested yet. It may be the real deal.
Deep hole too.
Notice the ID reported undug vs dug?

Yeah someone with an Excalibur could have been digging a sucker’s deeper dime few feet away while the possible gold ring was lurking.

Folks will eventually catch on. I already have. Deus 2 might be a search and destroy gold ring VLF machine on a salt water beach.

Deus 2 is inbound to me.
I have a big sized men’s wedding band I will test with Deus 2. To get a better idea of top end ID range of gold rings on detector. I’ll show via video.

CB said the ring was fake what was the weight of it... you can go to the website where they are sold.... and look up the weight.. many sites will tell you weight...

You think these beaches are loaded with gold waiting for this detector to find it... with the price of gold rising again and Covid keeping people off the beaches its not like it used to be... you really think our detectors aren't seeing deep gold? :laughing:

Just look at a lot of FL hunters they can go an entire hunt without hearing a target... you two guys are starting to sound like those two from France...

CB said the ring was fake what was the weight of it... you can go to the website where they are sold.... and look up the weight.. many sites will tell you weight...

You think these beaches are loaded with gold waiting for this detector to find it... with the price of gold rising again and Covid keeping people off the beaches its not like it used to be... you really think our detectors aren't seeing deep gold? :laughing:

Just look at a lot of FL hunters they can go an entire hunt without hearing a target... you two guys are starting to sound like those two from France...

Well, seems Deus 2 deeper on a nickel vs excal.
Coil height advantage another factor.
This coil height advantage might help you hunting in those rock piles.
We have never seen a VLF detector that seems is capable of good salt water hunting with meter and as broad a ID range on nonferrous. Eqx doesn’t. CTX doesn’t. Tarsacci mdt- 8000 doesn’t.
Seems deus 2 does a good job IDing deeper on salt water beach.

I will also check a few gold rings with my Deus 2 eventually with ring size turned up sideways(on edge) to see ID in meter.

So far so good with Deus 2 on salt water beach imo based on all video I have watched. Btw Calabash’s interest in beach detecting has increased heavliy as well as his bud who has Deus 2. Wonder why?

I knew it ! Alah Calah is going to be a beach expert in no time. All from watching videos and learning from us. In only 6 weeks lol.....

Seems easy if one can operate Deus 2.
As long as one can read numbers in a meter.

Maybe part of what a person is paying for when they buy Deus 2.
How much does an excal new go for these days? Last time I checked they don’t give them away.

Pro or not.
If a person can find equal or more rings and dig less holes. Sounds like a good deal to me. I’m lazy.

That’s it let’s call all the rings Calabash finds - lazy rings. Lol
I’ll bet all those lazy gold rings will bring just as much as the non lazy ones.

Btw, I have a real good memory.
An can remember what folks say.
And I’ll be watching to see who changes their tune. So don’t trap yourselves.

Let's just hope he's not producing videos like the click bait clown show we got out here.i found gold , platinum and diamonds ! Literally every hunt

Ha we all know why. When he starts showing him hunting like others and digging then showing those finds …. Then we are getting real on found targets. I’m not impressed with a machine necessarily that shows a huge air gap over a target… it doesn’t alway equate to real depth. I don’t want to beat this machine up, but like you said we will see in 6 mos. If there is no clear winners …. Price comes into play. Warranty is great…. If it doesn’t have to go to France for any repairs. Frankly we don’t know what issues there maybe in the water yet. But currently…. Once you make adjustments to the Nox all things become equal out there. I worry about those batteries, connections, and antenna. These aren’t negative comments…. Just concerns that will be watched.

Well, seems Deus 2 deeper on a nickel vs excal.
Coil height advantage another factor.
This coil height advantage might help you hunting in those rock piles.
We have never seen a VLF detector that seems is capable of good salt water hunting with meter and as broad a ID range on nonferrous. Eqx doesn’t. CTX doesn’t. Tarsacci mdt- 8000 doesn’t.
Seems deus 2 does a good job IDing deeper on salt water beach.

I will also check a few gold rings with my Deus 2 eventually with ring size turned up sideways(on edge) to see ID in meter.

So far so good with Deus 2 on salt water beach imo based on all video I have watched. Btw Calabash’s interest in beach detecting has increased heavliy as well as his bud who has Deus 2. Wonder why?

I read the forums... posters are not liking the button placement or the smaller screen...

How long as CB used the Tarsacci a day a week? Hunters who use these detectors know their nuances.....

I own a Nox fairly new to it at the beach... I rarely glance at the numbers... all my beach hunting has been done by tone I like tone hunting a screen is not all that important to me..

I will not disc out any targets never have never will... its not being stubborn its just the type of hunter I am...

I don’t know his many folks in USA have deus 2 units.
I know Calabash and his bud do.
And they hunt using them.
And share their experiences.

Notice Calabash has NOT told anyone to buy Deus 2 in any of his videos. He’s smarter than that.

I read the forums... posters are not liking the button placement or the smaller screen...

How long as CB used the Tarsacci a day a week? Hunters who use these detectors know their nuances.....

I own a Nox fairly new to it at the beach... I rarely glance at the numbers... all my beach hunting has been done by tone I like tone hunting a screen is not all that important to me..

I will not disc out any targets never have never will... its not being stubborn its just the type of hunter I am...

Well, if folks don’t like Deus 2 there are other options. Real simple.

Agreed. when tot lot hunting, I only look at my numbers to see if I can get an idea of what I'm about to recover. I'm going to recover it no matter what the numbers say.

Calabash seems to give honest appraisals. He did with the Equinox and he did with the Deus.
I like his excitement when he digs. Sounds like my friends.

Calabash put the Equinox ahead of the Deus as the overall best machine when it came out. Now he's doing the same with the D2 over the Equinox. I know some people tend to be brand or machine loyal. I personally prefer anything that gives me an edge in beat to death hunted sites. I prefer the Equinox 99% of the time but the Deus 1 does pull stuff out of iron the Nox doesn't hear.

My D2 is on order. Hope it's as good as billed.

Back
Top Bottom