Was lost, but now is found.

midwest

Elite Member
Ok, if you read my post from last night you know that I found a silver quarter and a great looking IH. However, what wasn't posted is a 1917 wheat that I swore I found also, but couldn't find. I was second guessing myself, and figured I mistaked it for one of 3 mems I found also. This morning while getting ready for work I took the pants I was wearing to wash and a penny falls out of the pocket....1917 wheat. I don't feel like I'm going crazy now, lol. Also I found this headstamp yesterday that isn't my oldest, but is my best looking in regards to the shape it's in. HH

Attachments

• IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 257
I got one for ya... Hunting a good producing site and hitting silvers in it. Go back the next day and my detector responds, I look down and I see a clod of dirt that had fallen off my digger at some point. Pick it up and there is a Merc peering out of it!

Yeah, That's a good one. That happen to me once for the exception that I didn't leave the site without noticing it. I had a great signal, and dug. Spent the better part of 10 minutes trying to locate the item after digging the hole just to find out that the coin was stuck in a clump of dirt on the end of my digger, lol.

HA HA HA KT knows the feeling well!

And don't go crazy, just go MDing! It is a greatly suitable substitute! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:crazy::crazy::crazy::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Oh yeah. Going back to today with my Uncle. He is back in town. He has just started detecting and has found an old token, but has not found any coins yet. I told him that I will try to help him on that today, lol.

Nice recovery of a recovered Wheatie! That shotshell head is in beautiful shape. I have actually found a couple sitting on top of the ground before nestled against a rock, one under leaf litter and one visible without moving anything. That primer looks like it still has some original "sheen" to it. I'm glad that you are enjoying headstamps!

Nice finds!
Doug

Back
Top Bottom