• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

22K gold Wedding Band

yrekadude

Elite Member
Hey there,

I had a great day today. I was detecting a beach on Highway 1 north of Santa Cruz and found a washed out section of the beach so I figured it would be good to try for some older targets and crossed my fingers for some gold..

Well, I got a signal that I get alot.. it was a strong "Zinc Penny" signal... I dug it anyways and as soon as I wiggled my beach scoop I saw this ring dancing around in there and literally I went "Oh Shii...!".. and got my camera phone out..

What a nice surprise.. and I can't seem to leave it alone today.. it's My Precious... lol...

Here are some picture.. and btw it fueled me for a long hunt that day but after covering a lot of ground and a couple more beaches I just got a few quarters and pennies...

Take a look: :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Full Size Links...

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

I am needless to say.. quite "stoked" about this! :shock:

Last edited:
Big Gratz on the 22K! That first pic looks as vast as the Grand Canyon! I think you just found a needle in a 100 haystacks!

This little ring just barely fits past my middle pinky knuckle.. but it sure is heavy.. I need to get it weighed..

I'm wondering if I would get better money from this thing by having it buffed a little and then putting it on consignment? Rather than selling for gold value alone.. I have a 22K yellow gold wedding band also but the color on this one seems richer a little..

I'll check out consignment options tomorrow ;)

The one ring I found was also a zinc signal. I almost gave up on it because I thought it was just a penny!:D

Congrats on your ring!:yes:

Nice ring dig there.....Sweet to see some Cali's getting some gold. HH

That's an impressive photo !

I think I would be intimidated just walking up to that location. How do you know where to start ? Nice find by the way !!
Marty

WOW Awesome I cant believe it registered as a penny! I guess I will have to goto all metal mode:( and dig all pennies untill I find one of those!!!:D I found 14k bracelet today,yeah! slap me five,UH!:lol:

I picked a side and detected in a pattern.. the cool thing is that freshwater was coming through so my metal detector (White's MXT) handled it just fine.. I hit the ring within the first 5 minutes of detecting this canyon.. the rest of it just yielded some older sanded down quarters and dimes. I went out today but took wife and kid so I really didn't get any detecting done... found two rotten zincolns and lots of what I call "Beach Nuggets"... aluminum something or another..

My right shoulder is messed up though now.. got to figure out if my PC gaming or detecting is the culprit..

thanks for looking!

Here is a Picture of all my goodies before I sell some to fix my car...

the-gathering.jpg

Click for Full Size Image

Last edited:
AWESOME find, love the color of high k gold....Talk about a washout, what happened to that beach to make it do THAT?

I think your gonna be stoked a while after that find, very nice.

The gold coin in the last photo is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom