Gold ring

mikie2084

So I found an ad in the paper for someone to find her mothers gold ring. I call her to find out she was in her driveway washing her hands, which is gravel, we have had a fair amount of rain in the last 2wks. thats the time frame she lost it, she tells me its the only thing she has left of her mothers whom passed 30yrs ago. Also its bout a 10'x10' area, im thinking 20'x20' after the rain. What settings should I use on my ACE250? I have about 10hrs under my belt, found an old axe head, penny, odds and ins. I would really like to find this for her.

Thanks

Mike

I do not have an Ace... so cannot advise from experience. However, I would use the coins/jewelry setting (if it has one) or all metal - or the closest thing to it. Grid the area, swing slowly and DIG EVERYTHING!!!! Good luck, RickO

Coin and Jewelry mode should work fine for you. Or All Metal just to be safe :)

Do some tests with a gold ring - both laying flat and with the ring on the side to hear and see the signals the Ace gives you.

Good luck to you and have fun!

Ive put a white and yellow gold ring on the ground just to hear the difference, theres not much! silver really goes off. thinking im going to leave it in all metal and sensitivity 1, gird the area and go up in sensitivity from there.

Well after 2 hours of searching what looks like a landfill, I came up with $2.66 in change and no ring. Then the lady tells me she wasnt sure if she lost it out there or in her house!

Back
Top Bottom