Man's 14K Yellow Gold Wedding Band!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
It's been just so extremely hot that I almost didn't go hunting! I almost stayed in! BOY I'M GLAD I DECIDED TO GO ANYWAY!!! I went to one of my favorite locations -- one that has produced a silver ring (the one with the pink ice stone), two silver coins, a few wheat pennies and my first buffalo nickel. I only planned to be out for an hour or two just before dusk.

My first signal was along a gravel driveway where I have found wheat pennies in the past and figured -- I got me another one. I poked and poked at that hard packed gravel thinking whatever I find is going to be trash when I get done with it. I dug down a good two to three inches before I hit a clay like dirt that was easier to dig and still hadn't found the "penny" I figured it would be. After about another inch in the dirt I noticed something shiny in the side wall and used the TIP of my digger to get hold of it and it popped right out and dropped into the hole and I said, "It A Ring!" The pessimist in me said JUNK RING! But I picked it up anyway and got out my bottle of water and washed it off and there it was 14K! :extrahappy:

Well, I should have quit right then and gone home as I was a sweating, dripping mess but I kept at it and found two copper pennies (1964 and a 197?).

And I found this very TINY baseball player that was on top of the ground right next to the building. I almost missed it. I had swung my Compadre right up near the building hoping to find another silver coin (like the quarter I got once before) but I was finding scraps of siding laying on top of the ground and was ignoring it when I noticed this odd shaped piece of metal and picked it up and saw that it was this "baseball player" which is marked Hong Kong on the back. That's when I said time to go! I'm done.

I was out there for maybe two hours and was becoming a complete dripping mess! The temp was nearly 90 degrees and it was about 7:30 p.m.! I shouldn't have even gone out but I'M GLAD I DID! :D

Thanks for looking! GL & HH

Attachments

• 07-20-13 14K Gold Man's Wedding Band 2a.jpg
    07-20-13 14K Gold Man's Wedding Band 2a.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 525
  • 07-20-13 14K Gold Man's Wedding Band 2b.jpg
    07-20-13 14K Gold Man's Wedding Band 2b.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 526
  • 07-20-13 Tiny Aluminum Baseball Player.jpg
    07-20-13 Tiny Aluminum Baseball Player.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 523
Nice find. I can't wait for my first real ring. When you get something good it makes the heat a little easier to take. Again nice find.

Nice find. I can't wait for my first real ring. When you get something good it makes the heat a little easier to take. Again nice find.

Yeah it does! That's my second one -- found one last month at another location!

Congrats! Zinc penny and nickels are where the gold is at. Figured you would hit the yellow with your name. Dimefinder will never hit the yellow:lol:

Congrats! Zinc penny and nickels are where the gold is at. Figured you would hit the yellow with your name. Dimefinder will never hit the yellow:lol:

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure it out! Last year I used the BH Pioneer 202 until September and NEVER found ANY good jewelry (silver or gold). I did find 14 silver dimes (Barbers - 2 and the rest were Mercs and Rosies) and a couple GW quarters. I'm not finding much in the way of silver coins this year but I seem to be cleaning up in silver jewelry and just a couple gold pieces. My unit of choice this year has been the Compadre. I seldom ever use the BH 202.

If this keeps up I will have to find another "name" -- Pennyfinder just won't fit anymore. :laughing:

Another great jewelry find Paula. I wish I could find some.:shock:

Thanks! You will find some! Persistence pays off! It will come! Be patient! I didn't find any gold or silver jewelry AT ALL last year! (Of course, I used the BH 202 until September -- don't know if that had anything to do with it or not)!

Congrats on the GOLD!!! I still haven't got out, too hot for me. If I do get out, I hope I find gold. I need some money. I'm fixing to sell my silver coins soon. Glad you are doing well, congrats and HH!!!

Back
Top Bottom