Lost and Found

Adirondack AL

Elite Member
In todays newspaper their's an ad in the lost and found that read

Lost mens gold ring with large center diamond. Lost in the town of @#$%!
Substantial Reward if found please call phone #

So I call the phone number and the gentleman says he either lost it in his flower garden at the motel he owns, or he lost it at the driving range.
I told him that I have a metal detector and would be willing to look around and see if I could find it for him. He said that would be great and we agreed on meeting at his motel at 10:30 [I think I woke him when I called at 9 am]
I will update later with info on how it went and hopefully some photos

Good luck. I've been trying to get a lost item recovery but no luck so far. I would suggest the owner of the ring do the asking at the driving range and do it last. Golf types aren't the nicest people when it comes to MDing.

Well I didn't have any luck. Come to find out he lost it about a week ago and wasn't sure where he really lost it. He was looking in his car between his seats while I was detecting around his driveway.:roll: He thought maybe he lost it when he was taking his clubs out of the car. He even asked if their was anyway I could use the detector in his car, I said no that wouldn't be possible. With his permission I removed the flowers from his garden to detect there and replanted them, [maintainance crew was on lunch break] still no luck.
We went to the driving range and the management there were aware he had lost it and had no problem with me detecting for it and even offered me a garden trowel to use;)
The ring owner had to go back to the motel, with a firemans convention coming to town this weekend he had a busy day ahead of him and asked me to stop back there when I finished looking. He said regardless if you find it or not I would like to compensate you for your time and I really appreciate your help.
I detected the area in both directions and was getting quite a few signals but most everything seemed to be alot deeper than what this should be. While I was looking for the ring one of the groundsmen mentioned that they mow and bag the grass in this area, so that may be another possibility.

So with no luck at the driving range I head back to the motel to let the owner know. He says well I really appreciate you looking and hands me a
$100 bill.:wow: I was like you don't have to do that and that's not neccesary
he was like please take it, you're a good man and I really appreciate you looking for it. He said the ring is very expensive and he can claim it on his insurance. He said there was no sentimental value just an expensive ring.
I thanked him and mentioned checking the gold buyers in the area in case someone sold it for melt. Law states the gold buyers must hang on to the item for 5 days before sending it to the melter and he may be able to find it that way. I tried, I just wish I had found it for him

Well Good karma to you for spending time looking. Now you can go have a nice dinner on him for your help.

Glad to know your good deed was rewarded. I'm sure it would have been more satisfying if you actually found it though. Nice of you to try though!

Back
Top Bottom