The new guy

Treymd

Hello to all from the new guy on the block. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Just ordered my Garrett AT Pro, can't wait to get started. Any words of wisdom? Would love to hear from yall, yep from Texas.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

This AT Pro video series might be of help, here is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part 1 you should see where you can click for part 2 and so on -

Welcome to The Forum and to the Hobby of metal detecting from Northwest Ohio. You will find lots of good information here and a lot of great and helpful people.

I think the At Pro is a good choice. Not too much to the learning curve. Make sure your cables get attached properly and get some earphones. Watch the videos. In no time, you will be able to tell a quarter from a bottle cap. If you use a pin pointer over the target, it will show a large circle for a bottle cap and a smaller circle for a coin. In time you will find that deep iron can give you a high tone on the detector. I usually can tell the deep iron by quality of sound and what the VDI is showing. In the words of the legendary Ged Dodd, "I don't do iron".

Welcome to the forum and hobby. Definitely watch the four part series it's tremendously helpful. One thing to help you as well is listen for good solid and reliable tones. As you progress you'll start being able to better distinguish iffy tones as potential good targets and bad. But to save you some digging solid is good iffy is well iffy. You'll line the machine just give it time to learn it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Welcome from SW Ohio, ATpro is a great machine, had mine a few years and love it. Pinpointing tip for the ATP is to ignore the pinpoint button, faster and easier to use the wiggle back method, all that mean is when you get the target under your coil just wiggle it back and forth while pulling the coil away from the target. As soon as you lose the signal the target it will be right under the front tip of your coil. Good luck and HH.

Welcome from SW WI.

One tip, no matter how many videos you watch, don't try to out think your machine, dig all the signals you can bare until you believe you have memorized and can predict what the tones ate telling you.

Back
Top Bottom