• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Settings on F75

Mcuch

Won an auction on eBay for a F75, it's coming with 3 coils with lower rods attached, any advice on good settings for it? Right now will be mainly relic hunting, my other machine is a pioneer 505 so I'll have a learning curve with it, any advice would be appreciated

Won an auction on eBay for a F75, it's coming with 3 coils with lower rods attached, any advice on good settings for it? Right now will be mainly relic hunting, my other machine is a pioneer 505 so I'll have a learning curve with it, any advice would be appreciated

Lots of ways to do it.
Depending on whether you have DST or not and how much noise you can handle will determine how "hot" you want to set it although even on low gain settings this thing is deep.
This one on 40 sense should be deeper than that 505.

Many use all metal, on one of them you can control the threshold so you can up that some.
Hunting in disc a setting of 6 knocks out most small nails.
All kinds of different ways to do it regarding the tone selection, some use 1, monotone, some use 2F and many others even use multi tones or even DP but try 2F at first...a low growl for iron and a modulated tone for everything else.
Set the gain/sensitivity as high as you can but still keep it quiet.
I would get used to keeping the disc low under 10, 15 is the breakpoint for iron.
Depending on which version you have you could have other programs too, if you have DST you will also have FA but that is used more for heavy iron sites.

The big coil is the deepest, the small sniper can be used in extreme trash and iron and can be surprisingly deep, the elliptical concentric coil is one that not many F75 owners even try but a good all around and great on jewelry and everything else if you wander into parks.

Just do a search for "F75, settings" here and I would go over to Findmall and do the same in their F Series section...we Fisher guys post and share settings all the time there.

I am sure more will chime in here but keep in mind there really are no bad ways to set it and many use completely different combinations and are all usually very successful.
Even just factory start up settings will work but you will find your own favorites eventually.
Me, I usually hunt with pretty high sense in all metal or disc at 1 or 0 in monotone...but 0 disc can get really noisy.

Since it is used make sure you do a factory reset before you do anything else to clear out any hidden notches and or bad behavior before you hunt.
Many buy these things, set notches and don't don't reset after and these things act wonky forever after...and then get sold off cheap.
Then we Fisher guys buy them, do the reset and end up with a great machine.
A factory reset is your friend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, didn't even think about doing factory reset after it arrives, definitely going to be a learning curve. Sure will be nice to get away from digging up the small iron and nails, dug a boatload of them with my 505

when I relic hunt, I got to where I like to use all metal... you can still use the VID.. use the relics that you have all ready found to see how the sound and read on the F75.. I believe you'll have great finds with the Fisher. HH

I'm hoping for good results, my hunting buddy uses a XP Deus, needless to say he has covered more ground faster than I have using the 505, hoping to even out the playing field.

Back
Top Bottom