• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hero for my B-Day!

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
My wife splurged on a GoPro Hero for my B-Day! I’m still a little south of 50, so it wasn’t supposed to be a “big gift” year - apparently I was just a good boy this year ;) Looks like I’ll be publishing a few vids of my hunts coming up this Spring....assuming I can figure out how to use the thing :laughing: Good thing I’ve got all Winter to figure it out :lol:

My wife splurged on a GoPro Hero for my B-Day! I’m still a little south of 50, so it wasn’t supposed to be a “big gift” year - apparently I was just a good boy this year ;) Looks like I’ll be publishing a few vids of my hunts coming up this Spring....assuming I can figure out how to use the thing :laughing: Good thing I’ve got all Winter to figure it out :lol:

If you need help let me know. What model is it?

Great wife
HB:yes:

Thanks, Pulltabby! And yep, I think I’ll keep her! :lol:

Nice to have a wife that thinks about your wants instead of you needs. She could have gotten you underwear.:lol:

Ohhhh, underwear....if you only knew!! I actually would have been pleased to get those too. Believe it or not, I lost several pairs of underwear to the dog over the last few weeks - yep, you read that right, the dog has been wearing my undies around the house on the vet’s recommendation. Things you’d never think you’d share with your dog (or on a public forum!!):

DogPants.jpg

Long story short, he suggested it as an easy way to protect our rugs and keep him from licking a wound he has on his rump - it worked!! But my underwear supply dwindled rapidly :shock:....this was TMI, wasn’t it?? :lol: :lol:

If you need help let me know. What model is it?

It’s a Hero 5 Session - pretty neat little device! Fiddling with it over the last couple hours, I think I’ve got most of the features figured out. Linked up fairly seamlessly with my android phone using the GoPro app. I also downloaded the “Quik” app, but I haven’t played around with that just yet. I do a lot of video editing on my desktop for my aerial photography side-business, so I’ll probably end up continuing to use that software for most stuff.

About the only think that still has me scratching my head is that I’m entirely sure how to turn the thing off! Pushing and holding the menu button on the back seems to shut it down, but if I push the “record” button, it immediately fires up and begins recording, so I don’t know.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That poor puppy, sore ass and humiliated. It looks like he didn't want his picture taken. Have fun with the camera.

Thanks, Pulltabby! And yep, I think I’ll keep her! :lol:

Ohhhh, underwear....if you only knew!! I actually would have been pleased to get those too. Believe it or not, I lost several pairs of underwear to the dog over the last few weeks - yep, you read that right, the dog has been wearing my undies around the house on the vet’s recommendation. Things you’d never think you’d share with your dog (or on a public forum!!):

DogPants.jpg

Long story short, he suggested it as an easy way to protect our rugs and keep him from licking a wound he has on his rump - it worked!! But my underwear supply dwindled rapidly :shock:....this was TMI, wasn’t it?? :lol: :lol:

It’s a Hero 5 Session - pretty neat little device! Fiddling with it over the last couple hours, I think I’ve got most of the features figured out. Linked up fairly seamlessly with my android phone using the GoPro app. I also downloaded the “Quik” app, but I haven’t played around with that just yet. I do a lot of video editing on my desktop for my aerial photography side-business, so I’ll probably end up continuing to use that software for most stuff.

About the only think that still has me scratching my head is that I’m entirely sure how to turn the thing off! Pushing and holding the menu button on the back seems to shut it down, but if I push the “record” button, it immediately fires up and begins recording, so I don’t know.

Sweet! That’s exactly what I have. It’s operating as it should. A long press on the “modes” button on the back should produce 5-6 beeps and it turns off. One press on the “record” button on top if the camera is turned off will enable Quik Capture...it’s designed so you can go from camera Off to recording in one button press. As soon as you’re done recording what you want,another single press of the “record” button on top will stop recording and turn the camera Off.
1080 at 60fps and Wide produces some really good video. Like..REALLY good.
Remember,the video you see in preview via wireless is NOT the quality you’ll get when it’s downloaded to your computer. Once it’s on your computer you’ll see what I mean,it’s amazing video quality.
Have fun with it,it’s a VERY cool tiny piece of equipment!:grin:

Oh heck one more:lol:

One cute pup or one butt ugly baby.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 89
Congrats on the GoPro, neat gift, and happy birthday !!!!

Hope your dog is doing better, sometimes they feel like they did something wrong and are being punished, so reassure your dog with love !

Please don't take offense, it's not meant personal, but thought this page I just found online might help :laughing::laughing::laughing:

GoPro Cameras For Dummies Cheat Sheet

Thanks GKL! Yes, he's definitely better, though not 100% yet. He's showered with plenty of love and treats, which helps!
And I appreciate the link - every little bit of knowledge helps!

Happy birthday to you neighbor !:wish::party:

Thanks Dan!

Happy Birthday AT! :balloons2:

Thanks!!

Sweet! That’s exactly what I have. It’s operating as it should....
1080 at 60fps and Wide produces some really good video...
Have fun with it,it’s a VERY cool tiny piece of equipment!:grin:

Thanks for the settings tip, IDX.. and confirming the on/off sequence. I was going a little bananas with that at first! Amazed by the video quality so far - I'll be experimenting through the winter on different methods to record hunts!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That poor puppy, sore ass and humiliated. It looks like he didn't want his picture taken. Have fun with the camera.

LOL That poor dog:laughing:

Looking forward to some digging videos from you in the future. Hope your pup feels better soon!

Congrats to you young man.. My sympathy to the dog

right? Standing there in AT's Underoos, all ashamed looking!:laughing::laughing: Sure are a lot of funny pics showing up here in the Wintertime!

Yep, that shot was from Day 1 at the end of November - he wasn't pleased with his circumstances at all! He's much better now - off his meds and he's been out of my undies for awhile, which knocked down the awkward factor for both of us!! :lol: Unfortunately, he's got at least one more recheck with the vet coming up which involves rubber gloves and lube :shock: You shoulda seen poor Milo last time - the doc snapped those gloves onto his hands, and Milo instantly backed himself into a corner. Smart old boy!!

AT that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Now I have to rethink my underwear comment. Maybe she thinks the dog looks better in them than you. He does look good in blue.:laughing:

My daughters definitely liked how the blue matched his collar...the overall fashion statement was lost on Milo, however. He was equally perturbed in the red, gray, and green pairs he got to prance around in :lol:

Really nice gift! That is my next investment, a good recording device, congrats!
I'm quite impressed with the Hero so far - simple to use and wonderful image quality. This particular one came with several different interchangeable mounts, including headgear, so I was recording hands-free first-person views within minutes right out of the box!

The dog claims the brown stripe isn't his....

Gotta believe him....:lol:

Serves me right for all those times I blamed those smells on him....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom