wishing fountain reject spill

rlhjr72

Two strange hunts in a row, first the nerf bullets, now this...

In the pinestraw next to a wishing fountain in a local park I stumbled on the graveyard for all the rejects that the guy who cleans out the fountain didn't deem pretty enough. Which got me wondering, what else do they do with the rejects? Throw them away?

I'll take it, 8Q 26D 4N and 393P for a total of $8.73. Not bad for an hour hunt. The coins aren't even in that bad of shape, nothing worse than what I typically dig. Probably 95% spendable. And I'm sure there's more there, just ran out of time to get it all.

I hope nobody was counting on their wish to come true because it's now in my pocket!

Attachments

• fountainspill1.jpg
    fountainspill1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 357
  • fountainspill2.jpg
    fountainspill2.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 349
  • fountainspill3.jpg
    fountainspill3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 347
Judging by the water spillage visible in the first shot of the fountain, it looks like someone may have recently climbed in and out of that fountain "wishing" for some coins...you didn't see Mud-Puppy around anywhere, did you?? :laughing: Nah - Mud would never have left a haul like that behind! :lol:

Seriously, nice score! Makes me think I better start adding some fountains to my list of detecting stops!

Last edited:
Bro I absolutely love your choice of digging tools - a wood chisel!!:lol::laughing:

C'mon now...the wood chisel has served me well over the years! I've tried spades, gardening knives, screwdrivers...and I've landed on the chisel. I'm hunting for clad and jewelry <4 inches and the wood chisel is perfect for me!

That is the craziest clad spill I’ve ever seen! How in the HELL...:lol:
Great score cleaning it up,make sure to take a REAL good look around the rest of it...

My guess?....a cleanout of the fountain. Park service employee had to get the natural debris off the bottom, and just used a shovel, moving slowly, and paid no attention to whether there was any coins or not.
Either way, nice haul for you.

Roger

coin dump

I would go back and hit that area hard again, who knows how many years they have dumped the contents of that fountain , espically in pine needles.

400+ coin day is Outstanding! Yeah...maybe something to scout out a little! Well, people are funny...throwing coins to make a wish, and then along comes the cleanup guy, then you...

Back
Top Bottom